Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
05 Sedona
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to keep the 05 for some time. 85K miles now. Putting on new tires and I think I need an alignment (never done before) since the fronts are wearing on the inside.

When is it time for new struts/ shocks? Still doesn't ride that bad. A little noisy, but I think that is from the tires.

·
Registered
06 Carnival,06 Falcon
3 Posts
Want to keep the 05 for some time. 85K miles now. Putting on new tires and I think I need an alignment (never done before) since the fronts are wearing on the inside.

When is it time for new struts/ shocks? Still doesn't ride that bad. A little noisy, but I think that is from the tires.
Hi, The easiest way to check is shake/rock the vehicle from each corner, It should return to ride height straight away, also check for oil leaks and check rear shock rubbers for movement. Hope that helps. cheers

·
Registered
2003 KIA Sedona 3.6
5 Posts
My Experience

I have an 03 Sedona. At 70k I had a light clunking in RF even on cracks in the road. Checked sway bar bushings, felt good but replaced them first as cheap and easy - no change. Struts looked good but sure sounded like a bad strut. Replaced both struts - NO change!

My bro looked at it and said I had a bad Upper Strut Mount Bearing. Ordered new mounts and had to pay AGAIN to have struts removed to replace mount bearing. That fixed it!

My advice: If replacing front struts, also replace the upper mounts so you don't have to pay twice to remove struts.

·
Registered
2001 Kia Carnival 2.5L manual & 2000 Carnival Auto
320 Posts
Carnival usually needed new rear shocks about 120,000km

As others posted, check for noises, rattles, or leaks on shock body...

Wearing insides of front tires common.
For some reason certain wheel alignment centres have incorrect settings data...
My suggestion find somebody that has a alignment good history and stick with 'em...
I haven't the correct settings to hand right now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts