Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've just bought a new GDi 1.6 2. I've read some of the manual, but can't find the answer to this. Sorry if its a silly question, but I can't find a way to get the interior light to come on when I open the door (drivers door).
I noted that the one above where passengers would sit has two buttons, is one of these to put it on when opening the door?
Thank you in advance,
Belamba

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
welcome to the forum, but first it would be helpful for us if you could fill out your location and details of what you are driving on the left as vehicles are not necessary equipped the same worldwide and with a 1.6L GDI engine its obvious you are not from North America.

On the Canadian Sportage the overhead room lamp has three setting ON, OFF and DOOR, set it to door and it will come on when the door is open, the same would apply if you have that DOOR indicator on the map lamps too.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX
32 Posts
On the USA Sportage the overhead room lamp has three setting ON, OFF and DOOR, set it to door and it will come on when the door is open, the same would apply if you have that DOOR indicator on the map lamps too

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX 1.7cc Diesel - Manual transmission
154 Posts
Normally when one is fed up in reading a manual we fiddle with things lol That is what you should do fiddle a bit. If you dont push some buttons the light for sure will not come on by itself. lol

·
Registered
2013 MINI Hardtop S
79 Posts
The button is at the same spot that the 2 push buttons are in the front of the ceiling, by the sun roof buttons. Its just a little button. Between the 2 reading lights.

:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts