Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After running a Ceed SW for 2 years as a taxi and having almost zero problems and almost zero repair bills, i've traded it in for an 08 Sportage CRDi XE 4 wheel drive manual. Going to sign for it today. New job means no more taxi needed :)

So a few questions:

1. The Sporty will be towing a caravan, and i'll fit my own towbar shortly, but im reading different info on wiring. I DONT need the fridge or battery charging circuits, both totally useless anyway, so only need the wiring for lights, so can i tap straight into loom or do i need to fit a 7 way bypass relay?

2. It has rear parking sensors fitted, colour coded so possibly factory fit, does anyone have them with a towbar and do they interfere?

3 Any suggestions for a double din headunit with rear camera without breaking the bank?

4. Erm........... for now thats about it i think.

Well happy with my Ceed which has cost £24 in parts (apart from service) in 2 long hard years, and that was for drop links and brake pads, so im hoping the Sporty will be as reliable and easy to work on if needed.

·
Registered
2009 Sportage LX V6 4WD, 2011 Mack GU813 405M
62 Posts
I've not run a shortage with the reverse parking sensors, but one farm I worked on had an F-150 with those sensors, and the would alert you to the presence of the trailer every time it was put in reverse....good to know the trailer was still there. Also has alot to do with the length of the tongue, as most are proximity sensors.

·
Registered
2001 sportage ex 2wd, 2002 Grand prix GTP (for now) 2015 Jetta SE (soon with more boost)
62 Posts
After running a Ceed SW for 2 years as a taxi and having almost zero problems and almost zero repair bills, i've traded it in for an 08 Sportage CRDi XE 4 wheel drive manual. Going to sign for it today. New job means no more taxi needed :)

So a few questions:

1. The Sporty will be towing a caravan, and i'll fit my own towbar shortly, but im reading different info on wiring. I DONT need the fridge or battery charging circuits, both totally useless anyway, so only need the wiring for lights, so can i tap straight into loom or do i need to fit a 7 way bypass relay?

2. It has rear parking sensors fitted, colour coded so possibly factory fit, does anyone have them with a towbar and do they interfere?

3 Any suggestions for a double din headunit with rear camera without breaking the bank?

4. Erm........... for now thats about it i think.

Well happy with my Ceed which has cost £24 in parts (apart from service) in 2 long hard years, and that was for drop links and brake pads, so im hoping the Sporty will be as reliable and easy to work on if needed.
well, i cant help with 1-2 but audio is my game, for a cheap head unit (hear in the states) that has a setup for rear view camera, pioneer makes quite a few, i have an 1400dvd model in my sportage and it has dvd, 3 sets of preamp outs, rearview input, and aud/video outputs. looks clean in the sportage too. now (in the states) it sells for 280 i believe i picked mine up at a walmart. you will have to buy the camera seperate but that shouldnt be too bad

·
Registered
06 Sportage/2012 Navara V6 TD
303 Posts
Trailer plug, you should ba able to tap straight into the rear tail light wiring. That is how mine is done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts