Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally updated the horid stock sound sytem.. I will post pictures shortley of the install. Here is the parts list I chose.

Polk db 6.5 components front
polk db coax in rear
NVX 5 channel amp
8 in JBL GTO
Alpine imprint sound proccesor
Shit ton of sound dampining for the doors.

After many hours of work I have come to one conclusion. You cant polish the turd of the basic stock head unit that come with our cars. I have managed to get very good sound out of it with a few drawbacks..

1. aux port sounds bad no matter how much you can eq on playing device
2. usb port same as above. sounds tinney no mid or sub bass.
3. power bass and power treble must be turned on
4. can only get proper sound out of cd player

Bottom line is that the head unit needs replaced. The Alpine imprint proccessor dosnt even help with usb or aux devices.

Now when I play cds and both bass and treble loudness are turned on the system sounds fantastic. Great mid bass and punch from door speakers. Crystal clear highs and Suprisingly powerful bass from the JBL 8. It sounds like a 12.

I hope a aftermarket faceplate will become available soon so I can Install a proper deck.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
I disagree with point 2 above. I find that some files do sound very bad but other sound very nice. It seems to depend upon the files. All my files are mp3 some at 320 others less. I wish the head unit could process .flac but it can't. I do agree that it would greatly benefit from a better head unit but there's almost nothing that will fit without ordering half the dash.

Btw I have stock head unit, Polk DXi650 front and rear, Sound Ordnance 4x75w amp. Still need to dampen the doors.

·
Registered
2012 Rio LX 2012 Soul+ 2.o
61 Posts
Yeah the faceplate issue is a bummer. Pioneer makes one: CA-HM-KIA.006 but it is on the Euro site and can be found through stores that sell Pioneer. I have been going back and forth with them trying to find out why I can't get one from them. I have seen others on ebay etc, but I would love to get one through Pioneer as I trust it would be the right fit etc. Hell I would even consider their double Din decks as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts