Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprising thing happened today morning. My 2013 Kia Sorento GDI just did not have any battery juice for even the remote unlock to work. Did not crank.

Called Kia service and they jump started the car and now it seems alright but am going to take the car in to Kia to check tomorrow. Never had any battery problems with the car before. Surprising thing was driver door was unlocked though the remote dint work.

Car started first crank with jump battery. Could it be a battery problem or something else ?

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Sure sounds like a defective battery. Shiznit happens. I'm sure you'll get a new one under warranty since it failed so quickly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
surprising thing is the battery doesnt seem weak. Its working fine for now. Fingers crossed after mentioning that though

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
surprising thing is the battery doesnt seem weak. Its working fine for now. Fingers crossed after mentioning that though
One of the cells might be marginal. It happens, even with brand spanking new batteries. Nevermind the lowest bidder stuff that winds up in new cars. :)

At a minimum, I'd have them charge it and do a complete diagnostic of your charging system check for any abnormal drains on the battery. Chances are it's just a bum battery though.

Best,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
took the car in today for checkup.

Results
Battery fully charged
No fault codes generated :(

Doesn't seem to indicate any problems. So there is no reason to show what caused the problem.
That's more worrisome that it happened and there is no reason for it to happen. and when it will happen again.

now i am already concerned about this suv....first coolant leak.. .check my other posts.. .and now no reason dead car.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX Limited and Preferred Package
47 Posts
I had a problem with mine not starting once upon a quick shopping trip. Tried all the "tricks" the Service Mgr could think of and ended up getting towed. Ended up being the wire harness on the starter FELL OFF.

There isn't much that would surprise me now days with all the computer garblygook they have in the cars to killing a battery. But someone forgetting to push the plug until it snaplocked on? I guess mine was made right before a holiday.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wouldn't such a situation be covered under warranty ? The Service Manager said hes waiving the diagnostic charges under goodwill. Warranty covers if they find something wrong with parts or manufacturing defects otherwise he would have to charge me for the diagnostics atleast. $140 ? ...What is that right ? Like I am going there for a free coffee

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX AWD V6 Limited/Panoramic
422 Posts
waiving the diagnostic charges under good will. They are so nice.. what a nice guy...

You should find another service center. Sounds like a bad dealership, unless you were doing some mods yourself and messed something up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Kia definitely does not having everything going for it yet. I just had a Toyota Camry that did 17k miles in 8months and never an issue and free dealer service.

Kia just 4 months and alreay 2wice in the dealership with unhappy service from kia. They do not give loaners hiding under "kia doesn't do loaner cars. we can try if there is a major issue on case by case basis"

Its a 3 yr lease but I am already regretting this selection.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
You could have left a light on. And if it is not a defect or a problem with the parts they should charge you a diag fee. I dont see the issue, its a new car sure, but no cars are perfect with no problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts