Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento ex+ 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !
since yesterday, we have a new Sorento (160 miles on it). I just notice this morning that when my wife has hit the gas to leave the house there was white smoke coming out of the exhaust. I would expect that in winter but not in summer temp. Anything to be worried about ?

Thanks !

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
11,008 Posts
Congrats.

If the humidity is as high as it is here in Kentucky right now, that may be the cause of exhaust vapour.

Keep an eye on the coolant and oil levels and let the dealership know your concerns in writing.

·
Registered
Sorento ex+ 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks for that answer. Humidity is around 70%...not sure if it's enough. My car doesnt produce any smoke....We will see when my wife get back home tonight.

·
Registered
Sorento ex+ 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still.smoking...and air coming out from the muffler is very hot.....no way its normal.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L GDI V6 - FWD (Sparkling Silver)
189 Posts
Still.smoking...and air coming out from the muffler is very hot.....no way its normal.
Mine gives off white smoke when I cold start it, regardless of what the temperature is outside. I live in Florida so its pretty humid most of the time. The white smoke goes away after about 5 or 10 minutes running.

If yours continues to smoke all day and its not freezing out, i'd document it by taking it in to the dealer and having them check it out.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,330 Posts
Better to call it steam, not smoke. That's confusing the issue. If it really was smoke, it would linger in warm air for a considerable time. Does anyone still remember when we burned leaves in the driveway???

@tostaky
Place a bit of cloth over the exhaust -- white will work best for this purpose -- and see what you get once you have it running. I think you'll be surprised.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Was going to say the same. Lets be sure we understand if its steam or actual smoke. Condensation does build up in the exhaust and at 1st start it has to evaporate out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts