Kia Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SPORTAGE SX
53 Posts
Not sure what was happening but once I started driving the full NAV screen came on. So all good on my end.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sportage LX AWD Sparkling Silver/Grey Interior
17 Posts
There are two different updates for the Sportage based on the MY. One is for ones equipped with NAV and it includes the maps and firmware updates. The other is for the base models that do not have NAV and consists of new apps and the firmware. Both are available with the KIA program you download. With the base model you have to go down to the bottom of the download window for the NAV update and select the base model file.

On that note. Has anyone had success getting the base model update to actually install. I have been using various flash drives in 8GB to 64GB sizes all formatted to FAT32 as instructed and it just says there is nothing on it to update too. I have already verified the new one is newer than what is installed. I can take one of those same flash drives and put a couple MP3 files on it and they play fine. The dealer wants $149 to do the update for me; not likely. If I have a dodgy head unit in a 10 day old new Sportage then I just need to find a way to make it a warranty issue. The argument saying that everything should be updated to current in a new vehicle just does not fly with service departments.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts