Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sportage SX Turbo Black with beige interior
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new software update is available to download from the website.

·
Registered
2017 AWD Sportage SX Black Cherry/Beige
331 Posts
Just added E538(USA). For me this release had updates to my neighborhood streets so I was glad to get the update. Cant go wrong with free updates and the Nav (D/L -UPTE SD) program works slick.

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportage SX AWD / Mineral silver with beige interior
1,084 Posts
Just added E538(USA). For me this release had updates to my neighborhood streets so I was glad to get the update. Cant go wrong with free updates and the Nav (D/L -UPTE SD) program works slick.
What's the website? Does it still take a long time and can you drive without the radio on while downloading. I can't remember what I did last time but it did take about a half hour.
It seems too soon for an update.

·
Registered
331 Posts
SSportage its the free app you download and install on your PC and then run from there to load up your SD card(32Gb, no longer 16GB). We have been using it since last year. The upgrade still takes around 25 or 30 minutes as you remember to install in your headunit..

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportage SX AWD / Mineral silver with beige interior
1,084 Posts
SSportage its the free app you download and install on your PC and then run from there to load up your SD card(32Gb, no longer 16GB). We have been using it since last year. The upgrade still takes around 25 or 30 minutes as you remember to install in your headunit..

Is it the same update we did last year? I paid for the last one. I'll try to check my version today and check back here later.
Thanks Fred

·
Registered
331 Posts
Here is a pic of the app once you select your vehicle. On the bottom notice the "Notices" area circled. Its dated on the right with the date it was added to be available. Click on the + and further info about the update is presented.

update1.png

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
621 Posts
Downloading it now for my Sorento. It keeps getting bigger, now it takes a 32gb card. :D

·
Registered
2017 SPORTAGE SX
53 Posts
Just updated not so good. I have the radio info taking up about 25% of the screen. I would press the home button and it maxs out the nav screen. Not doing it now.

·
Registered
2019 Sportage SX AWD
1 Posts
Just updated not so good. I have the radio info taking up about 25% of the screen. I would press the home button and it maxs out the nav screen. Not doing it now.
Just finished our 2019 SX. Looks good both on radio and nav. Will have to play with it a bit to get the screen settings exactly like my wife wants it, but so far, so good.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,743 Posts
Just finished our 2019 SX. Looks good both on radio and nav. Will have to play with it a bit to get the screen settings exactly like my wife wants it, but so far, so good.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

Account Details

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage SX
50 Posts
I've never done an update on my 2017 Sportage SX so I have a few questions. First, does the DL contain the new firmware or do I need to download them? Is the update just map updates or does it change functionality and/or look and feel? If so, exactly what changes? Any way to preview? If I use a new SD card and do the update, can I put the prior SD back in and revert to the prior look & feel just in case I don't like the new (if there is new)? I did some reading and it seems to imply the car must be running throughout the update or roughly 30 minutes. Is that correct?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've never done an update on my 2017 Sportage SX so I have a few questions. First, does the DL contain the new firmware or do I need to download them? Is the update just map updates or does it change functionality and/or look and feel? If so, exactly what changes? Any way to preview? If I use a new SD card and do the update, can I put the prior SD back in and revert to the prior look & feel just in case I don't like the new (if there is new)? I did some reading and it seems to imply the car must be running throughout the update or roughly 30 minutes. Is that correct?
.System and map updates.
I do not believe you can revert back to what you had by putting the old card back in.
Changes look and feel
Yes the car should be running or what a lot of us are doing is attaching a battery tender to the vehicle as it is upgrading.
First update takes the longest

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,510 Posts
You can just run the car, or you can drive it as long as you don't turn it off. Most of the firmware changes are pretty minor with a few added features. I haven't noticed any interface changes of the years (I also have a 2017). You can't revert back because most of the firmware changes remain in memory. I've always done the updates and have had no problems.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage SX
50 Posts
Thanks for the help. I did the update today and all went well. This was my first update of my 2017 Sportage. The Battery Tender suggestion made the update easy.

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
147 Posts
Is this update just for those who has nav and controls for heating etc? Not sure if there's a diff for base models..

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
621 Posts
My last update I didn't run the car, just turned the ignition on. It really didn't make a dent in the battery charge in the half hour, just don't leave your lights on and you don't need the engine running.

·
Registered
2018 Sportage EX
66 Posts
Is this update just for those who has nav and controls for heating etc? Not sure if there's a diff for base models..
I'm curious too. Don't have nav but would be interested in updating the head unit. I don't want brick my unit by trying when it won't work anyway.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The majority of these free updates have to do with Nav. Any "system updates" are mostly cosmetic and head unit related. The last system update of worth was when they added Carplay to our units back in late spring early summer 2016. Others here may remember others.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts