Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RockAuto is consistently adding to the RockAuto Parts Catalog catalog. Some exciting new additions include:

*Power Stop OE replacement brake kits - these kits include Autospecialty OE replacement brake rotors and high performance Evolution ceramic pads

*GPD A/C Compressor and Component Kits - all GPD A/C Compressor and Component Kits include a new compressor and additional components where applicable including: o-ring seals, lubricant, an accumulator, orifice tube and/or expansion valve.

*FCS Strut Assemblies - entirely new strut, spring, mounts, bellow, seats, and other components make these complete assemblies safer, faster, easier, and often less expensive to install than parts purchased individually

The always-growing RockAuto.com catalog is easy to use and includes a great selection all at everyday low prices. Check out the catalog and find what you need today…and don’t forget to use the forums discount code when you order!

RockAuto Parts Catalog

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,924 Posts
Ordered Gates belts from RockAuto and got one RoadMax belt (so far)..

Gates warranty = Limited Lifetime
RoadMax warranty = 90 days.

Gates quality = OEM approved (Warranties still honored)

RoadMax =
"RoadMax is an economically priced belt for the DIY consumer. Manufactured for high-mileage applications that don't require the performance demands and service life of OE construction. Not intended for severe driving, high-performance or heavy duty applications. Conforms to all standards of SAE J1459."

They say they will send GATES belts to replace their "mistake" belts... N/C
They have been good on their word before...

So KIA owners be sure to double check what you order and what you get...
Even good places like Rock make mistakes but your KIA WARRANTY may be invalidated with the wrong parts...

Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,924 Posts
I ordered TWO belts and was promised on the first one I received that the GATES would be sent as a replacement...The second one (same part #) came from a different location and was also a "RoadMax" substitution. When I brought this to their attention I started getting the"run around" from a customer service rep named "Sean".
I ordered GATES belts and received RoadMax "substitutions".
This substitution is of lower quality, poorer material, non OEM specs, with a much shorter warranty...
When you order a SPECIFIC brand you should receive what was promised.
I am awaiting their response to my last email about this "problem" and WILL keep you posted good or bad results...Up until now I have had NO problem with rockauto.com on the MANY parts I have ordered from them.
I will bump this until this problem is resolved...
Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,924 Posts
Bump...Until this is resolved...

·
Super Moderator
6,924 Posts
"Mike S" is trying to work with me on these belts...
I just need him to "see" I ordered two Gates and got two RoadMax belts.
So I need TWO....
I'll keep you posted...
Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,924 Posts
Update...
I received today a Genuine "Gates T284" belt...
I'm hoping they will send the second one soon...
I can now at least repair one of two Spectras...
Mine will have to wait...
Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,924 Posts
Second Gates belt is on it's way...
They are truly a great parts supplier...
They will work with you on problems and "if" it's their mistake they WILL rectify it. Takes a little patience as you end up working with more than one representative..
BUT the do come through... I have spent hundreds of dollars there (2 KIAs and 2 Hyundais in our family and also friends cars) and I DON'T regret it either..
Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,924 Posts
Received the second belt as they said they sent it...
Now on to doing the replacements..
Thanks rockauto for following through with your promises.
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts