Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please be aware that KIA just released a new TSB SA134 (ENG125) as follows:

This bulletin provides information relating to certain RIO 2013MY vehicles which may experience “rattling” or “chattering” engine noises under specific conditions. Only a very small number of vehicles within the identified Production Date range will actually be affected; make sure to follow the detailed instructions in this bulletin to prevent unnecessary engine replacements. This procedure applies to vehicles produced from August 09, 2012 to October 09, 2012. Kia is requesting the completion of this Service Action on all affected vehicles in dealer stock prior to delivery. Before conducting the procedure, verify the vehicle is included in the list of affected VINs.

The complete TSB can be located on the KIA KGIS website: https://www.kiatechinfo.com/Index.asp

·
Registered
2012 Rio 5 SX
64 Posts
I'm pretty sure my car is suffering from this problem, when the engine is under load and the RPMs are under 2k, the engine rattles and chatters like a mofo.

Unfortunately, my car isn't in that date range ><

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
393 Posts
I'm pretty sure my car is suffering from this problem, when the engine is under load and the RPMs are under 2k, the engine rattles and chatters like a mofo.

Unfortunately, my car isn't in that date range ><
that is my situation with the rattling dash TSB... my car does it, but it's vin isn't in the affected cars range.... what are we to do in a case like this???

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
lordhelmet..I too have a dashboard rattle on my 2013.I will talk to my dealer.Should be covered up to 12 months or 20000 km from delivery date.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
393 Posts
lordhelmet..I too have a dashboard rattle on my 2013.I will talk to my dealer.Should be covered up to 12 months or 20000 km from delivery date.
cool, i will have them look at it on my next oil change. let me know how it goes for you!

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 SX UVO, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury
116 Posts
When something like this comes out, I would assume the manufacturer/dealer would notify you if your car is affected... or maybe not as its only TSB and not a recall?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When something like this comes out, I would assume the manufacturer/dealer would notify you if your car is affected... or maybe not as its only TSB and not a recall?
Manufacturers are not required by law to inform buyers of TSB's (only recalls) - So they don't. In the case of a KIA it is very easy to check their KGIS Site (see above) to obtain the latest TSB updates. I check it on a weekly basis as there have been some TSB's lately that directly affected my car (UVO, ISG). The KGIS site is very easy to navigate with IE. I can't speak for the Apple OS.

·
Registered
2010 KIA Rio LX Midnight Black.. CAI.. 6000k HID..
64 Posts
My 2010 has the same noise you guys are talking about. check my youtube page, bmaki18, under ever heard this noise, the dealer looked and heard the noise but wont fix it because they have no idea what it is. very annoying. but it almost sounded like a screw loose under the dash or something. happens at low rpms as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
2 NEW TSB's For 3G Rio

KIA just listed 2 more TSB's on https://www.kiatechinfo.com/Index.asp. SA137A (UVO) and SA141 (Engine Noise). Just a "Heads Up". All of the details are on the site.

PLEASE SEE PDF's BELOW

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
KIA just listed 2 more TSB's on https://www.kiatechinfo.com/Index.asp. SA137A (UVO) and SA141 (Engine Noise). Just a "Heads Up". All of the details are on the site.
Would love to see and read those bulletins but can't log to kiatechino. No can do. Would you be kind enough to provide us with some kind of PDF please or screen capture or likes.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Would love to see and read those bulletins but can't log to kiatechino. No can do. Would you be kind enough to provide us with some kind of PDF please or screen capture or likes.
Thanks in advance
Sign up and access the site using Internet Explorer. Chrome doesn't work for me with this site.

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
mine pings under load around 2k and a bit above if i use 91RON fuel, but mine is a march 2012

EDIT: after listening to the audio samples on the tsb, i can confirm that's not pinging lol it's a big end bearing or something, sounds shocking

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
Thanks in advance
this is via Firefox (however, IE is better)

TSB 127, dated December 2012
Models: 2013 MY Rio (UB ) 1.6L GDI
Subject: Service Action: Inspection for Noise from Engine under specific Condtions (SA-141)

This bulletin provides information relating to certain 2013MY Rio (UB ) vehicles which may exhibit abnormal engine noises, including "rattling" and "chattering", under specific conditions.
Only a very small number of vehicles within the identified Production Date range will actually be affected; make sure to follow the detailed instructions and recently updated inspection procedure in this bulletin to prevent unnecessary engine replacements. This procedure applies to vehicles produced from August 09, 2012 to October 09, 2012. Kia is requesting the completion of this Service Action on all affected vehicles in dealer stock prior to delivery. Before conducting the procedure, verify the vehicle is included in the list of affected VINs.

TSB - 046 (Rev 1, 12/13/2012), Date: November 2012
Model: Rio (UB ) 2013MY
Subject: Service Action: UVO software Upgrade (SA137A)

This bulletin provides the procedure for upgrading the 2013MY Rio UVO system. Kia is requesting the completion of this Service Action on all affected 2013MY Rio vehicles prior to delivery. Before conducting the procedure, verify that the vehicle is included in the list of the affected VINs.

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Thanks Conwelpic. Forgot to mention I cannot use IE since I'm on Mac. I thought the old thing "Windows only" was a thing of the past. Are there really some site builders that still ignore Apple?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
I thought you could get a Mac to run like Windows? I guess they are just catering to the vast majority of computer owners, as MAC only has about 10% of the market.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts