Kia Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My exact words.. Since this is a safety (possible fire hazard) , if it starts leaking brake fluid onto the internal electronics at a future date, will we be covered. Is this fix a 100% deterrent to future fire possibility ? They replace a 40 amp fuse (480 watt @ 12 V) with a 30 amp (360 watt @ 12 V) to the HECU, do they assume a future short will blow the 30 amp fuse prior to starting a fire ? I wish they provided some valid answers to us owners about this. I would make me feel more comfortable parking this car in garage directly under my living quarters.
I hear ya. I have both my 14’s parked in the garage and had the recall performed. Who knows if the 30 amp fuse will prevent a fire. Maybe they have done some simulated tests. I still like both of my 14’s. One has 56k miles and the other about 90k miles. The only issue I have was the and coupler at 40k miles. With the car market now I’m keeping them for the foreseeable future. Heck even a repair is cheaper than getting a new car now. Prices are insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 21 of 21 Posts