Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I'm new on this forum. I just bought a new kia magentis last week and found this forum yersterday through google. I already posted some pictures of my car. But today when I logged in I saw that message at the top saying I havent posted yet and that I should post here, so here I am ;)

I'm a 25 year old men from Tracadie, New-Brunsiwck, Canada. I'm married and we are expecting a baby in october. I though that buying a new car with the best waranty would give me peace of mind and not have to worry about repairs on my old Buick Regal 1998 3.8L V6 (Not that old but lots of milleage) That I traded in. This is my first new car, me and my wife bought it together. I wanted manual transmission, she wanted automatic, this car is the perfect compromise, I love that transmission even better then manual now! I love the look of the car and the smooth ride. It's only the L4 but it's got enough pickup for me. My buick had more tork for sure but this kia still had enough power for my needs and exeeded my expectations for a 4 cyl. I like how the motor roars at higher RPM, some ppl would complain about the engine noise but I think it sounds great, anyhow with the music up or the sunroof open you wont even hear that.

I think Kia's are great value car and look sharp and sporty handling. I was gonna get a new spectra but got out of the dealer ship with the magentis.I saw lots of bad reviews on Magentis/Optima, online, but most of them were by editors and big companies. When you read reall ppl's opinion online the rating is much higher. I think this car is great, I dont have enough milleage to know about reliability yet, but with the warranty I dont have to worry about a thing. As long as I didnt get some kinda lemon.

All my friends and family that tried and saw the car and really like it, lot's of them said that they would love to own a car like that. I think these car are really underated. The only problem with my car is the mpg. I thought I would save lots of money on gaz compared to my Buick V6 and in then end it's about the same. This car has a huge 65 litre tank that cost and arm and a leg now a days. But it's still ok milleage i did 25/mpg with city/highway. The dealership told me that after the engine is Break In then it would have more power and better mpg. Is that true?

Well I think I talked enough for now if your still reading you must be bored by now lol. So that's my story, later!

here's some pic of my car: [attachmentid=529][attachmentid=530][attachmentid=531]

Attachments

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have a 04 Optima LX 2.4L. What a great car...I love it. You made an excellent choice. :thumbsup:
Nice lookin Optima. And yes the dealer is right the car will get better gas milage and more power as the engine breaks in. Last I checked my milage I got 26 mpg mixed driving and I also drove it pretty hard. I work with someone who has an 02 Optima. He got 30 mpg on a long trip once.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks for the comment. I dont find pictures give kia's the respect they deserve, my car looks so much nicer in real with that beautifull pearl white paint. But talking about break in the engine, the dealer never really told me anything about that and since it's my first new car I dont know what to expect... How long does it take to break in and how hard can I drive it.... I have the foot heavy on the pedal sometimes..... And I dont want to damage anything...

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Dont keep it at the same speed for long peroids of time. Thats all I did when I got my Optima and Sorento too. I think I did that for about 250 miles then I just drove them like I normally would. Have had no issues.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok that makes sense thanks. I also asked my father in law the same question today and he said not to worry, that back in the days they would build a brand new engine and drive the hell out of it to break it in. Then say there now it's good lol.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Welcome to KIA-Forums.com! :57:
Congratz on the new purchase! The car looks awesome! :thumbsup:
Love the OEM clear corners.. LOL 04Sorento! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts