Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to collect my new 3dr 2.0 diesel pro cee'd at the weekend, 58 plate but new to me ! I will get some pics up as soon as ! There is just one problem. The rear drivers light is cracked.

I have a replacement and plan to fit as soon as I collect the car. Can anyone advise me roughly how to change this ? I need to know what tools to bring home from work etc !

Any help is appreciated !

·
Registered
739 Posts
You just need to remove 3 things... (it not bolts it the other things, I don't know the translation).
And slide the tail tail light. When installing it back, you also need to slide it in.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Used our search to find this;
Hi
I had to change a failed rear light bulb on my SW about a year ago. From what I remember: undo the screws, grap the top section of the cluster and the centre[ the cluster is in two halves]. With a firm pull towards the rear of the vehicle, the top section should come away. Repeat for the bottom section. The cluster is held in [apart from screws], by a sort of ball and socket lugs, which just "pop" out when pulled. Same as my previous vehicle a Rover 75 Tourer. Just reverse to replace. I carry a large cross head screwdriver in the back to remove the screws now. Also Remember the cluster is attached to the vehicle by a wiring loom, with the bulbs in the light cluster, so don't pull to hard. You know what I mean.

Rusty
That thread is here:
http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-ceed-forum/49385-removing-rear-light-cluster.html

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
Going to collect my new 3dr 2.0 diesel pro cee'd at the weekend, 58 plate but new to me ! I will get some pics up as soon as ! There is just one problem. The rear drivers light is cracked.

I have a replacement and plan to fit as soon as I collect the car. Can anyone advise me roughly how to change this ? I need to know what tools to bring home from work etc !

Any help is appreciated !
Hello pro ceed,
I recently had a mould develop in my Pro Ceed 3 off side rear light. I had to remove the whole assembly to glue the two halves of the plastic light cover back together where they had come apart slightly. It was a simple job on my 08 Pro Ceed. The whole light assembly is held on with four small bolts that screw into the car body and can easily be got at from inside the boot trim. Only one word of caution, I found three of the bolts easily, then wondered why it was not loose. I then looked at the rear of the light once again and found another bolt tucked away further back. You should find it a cake walk, I only used one small socket, forget what size, but it was there in the socket set. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks its appreciated was just wonderig because a few of my previous cars you have to remove bumper to get at mounts etc ! Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts