Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post up and say Hi.

Back in February I bought a used 2011 Sorento EX V6, Black on Black.

Up until last week I loved it but then I took it in for an oil change and had the dealer check out what I thought was a "hard shift" and I was right. Sorento is now down and out waiting for a new Tranny :(

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,023 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad to see you're now able to post.

I'm not familiar with the Sorento, so will leave it to others to comment on your problem.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
108 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to Kia. Sorry to hear about your transmission troubles. It should be covered under warranty. So hopefully you will be up and running again soon.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
What kind of mileage is on the car? I'm sure these things do happen, but that seems awfully soon.

Best,

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they told me it's fully covered under warranty. So I'm not to upset about it, just sux not having the car you just bought a few months ago

When I bought it there was about 31,200 miles on it. Now it sits at 34,000. By the Fast response from KIA and how quick they were to offer a new tranny it sounds like they know there is an issue with certain ones and just replace them when needed.

So you all know in case it happens to you, when I was accelerating about 20-30 mph I would get a "hard shift". Best way I could describe it is the motor feels like it revs high and then drops into gear and you can feel it jerk. What really concerned me is when I started to feel it while slowing down 30-20 MPH

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes they told me it's fully covered under warranty. So I'm not to upset about it, just sux not having the car you just bought a few months ago

When I bought it there was about 31,200 miles on it. Now it sits at 34,000. By the Fast response from KIA and how quick they were to offer a new tranny it sounds like they know there is an issue with certain ones and just replace them when needed.

So you all know in case it happens to you, when I was accelerating about 20-30 mph I would get a "hard shift". Best way I could describe it is the motor feels like it revs high and then drops into gear and you can feel it jerk. What really concerned me is when I started to feel it while slowing down 30-20 MPH
Good it is still under warranty. I had a 2003 Hyundai Sonata that I bought new. I had complained of a light ticking sound coming from the engine starting around 6,000 miles. First time I took it in the dealeship service techs could not hear what I was talking about. Took it back at 6,116 miles and it was diagnosed as "#6 Cylinder Rod Bearing came apart". Had to replace the entire engine. Took two weeks for a new engine to come in so they gave me a Santa Fe free, but I was pretty upset being it was a brand new car. I gave it to my Daughter in 2009 and at last check it had close to 90,000 miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts