Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I am a new owner of a 2011 Kia Sorento EX. So far, I really like it, I've been hoping to replace my 7 year old car with a Sorento since I first saw one in 2010.

So, we brought it home the other night (bought a certified pre-owned from a nearby dealership). On the way home, we stopped to play around with some of the features since we knew it would be dark by the time we actually got home. Everything is great! It's going to take me a week to figure out all of the cool stuff that I never knew existed in a car but now can't live without :p

The question I have is (and I've googled this but found no-one else with this problem): I turned on the rear windshield wiper and it came on with no problem. But then it just froze in the middle of a wipe, stuck pointing up. Upon closer inspection, we realized that the wiper is too long and is hitting the rear spoiler. I am completely perplexed because how could someone have owned this car for a year and not noticed? (it was purchased new by the first owner). Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? My first thought is that the dealership replaced the wiper blades as part of their "prep" and put on the wrong size. The only way we were able to un-stick it was to gently pull it out and away from the spoiler and slide it back under so it could complete the cycle.

It's still under warranty so the dealer will have to fix it. It's just a bit of a drive to get back there and if it's something simple, I'd rather not have to go back until it's time for maintenance.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD, Dark Cherry
153 Posts
Looks like the wiper was changed at sometime with the wrong size. I'd go back to the dealer and have them swap it out. Will take all of 2 minutes for them to do.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento I4 FWD 6Spd, 2005 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6Spd
118 Posts
Trico makes an Exactfit wiper blade for the Sorento's rear wiper for <US$20. You can get them at Autozone.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
You should be able to pick up an 11" wiper blade in any auto parts store. Less than $10 and 20 seconds to replace. Rock auto has this info listed:

TRICO Part # 11A Exact Fit; 11" (275mm) Roc Lock 2
Rear
$7.25

or you could go to your local dealer and pay whatever the going rate is. I suspect it's going to be more than $7.25 though. :)

Best,

·
Registered
70 Posts
Call the dealer, make them aware of it and see if they won't compensate with a free service instead of driving back there to get a new wiper put on... the cost of the gas and the time spent isn't worth going back.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
You bought a CPO, bring it back to the dealer. You should not try to fix it yourself.
I don't know about you, but my time is worth something. :) Spending $7 and 10 seconds is a LOT preferable to wasting gas driving to the dealer (and back) and then wasting 30-60 minutes dealing with the service dept to "fix" a simple wiper blade. So while it might be more "satisfying" to have it covered under the guise of CPO, it just isn't worth the hassle for such a small item. At least not for me....

Best,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts