Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings folks,

I just got a 2010 Forte LX today. I was wondering about the pricy cable for the iPod and whether or not it will solve my issue?

I plugged in my iPod cable from Apple and I can play the songs on the iPod(Nano 4th gen). I can also change the tracks with the radio buttons and the steering wheel buttons. But it does not display the song title only the file name UNLESS I push the track info button and after that it shows the title and artist for a few seconds.

Will this cable from Kia(part number from the net: #08620-2L00) correct this and allow me to keep the display on song title?

I did a search on the net and it described that not using the cable will only allow me to select the tracks via the iPod but I can use the radio still for this

I have no problems buying the cable but if it does the same thing as my current iPod plug then it is waste of money.

I also saw that this part number is the same for the Hyundai cable(makes sense since they are owned by the same entity) Which is cheaper at the dealer? The Hyundai one or Kia one?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe there is a setting on the stereo to have it show the track name instead of file name and to have it scroll.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Sportage LX, 2015 Kia Soul EX, 2010 Can-Am Spyder RT, 2008 Kawasaki KLR650
129 Posts
For an iPOD I don't need the Kia cable, it plays fine with my Rio, but for the iPhone 5 to work properly I needed the Kia cable

1 - 4 of 4 Posts