Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a New 2013 Kia Sorento LX w/ Convenience Package and third row seat options. It has the 4 cylinder GDI engine. I am loving it so far but had a few questions.

Does anyone know if it is easy to buy a oem leather wrapped steering wheel and replace it yourself? Would you need to mess with the airbag at all?

I can't seem to find the OEM Kia part number for the oil filter. I have the 4 cylinder GDI engine.

Is there anywhere to download the factory service manuals for Sorento? I used to own a Nissan and could always find a place to download them.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,508 Posts
kiatechinfo.com OEM web site for repair manual and EVERYTHUING else you might need. 26300-35503 OEM part # for your oil filter. OEM Kia leather wheel is not cheap. $634.00 is list price. I can get you a nice discount on the filters and the wheel if you like, PM me if you want some prices.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast response. That is way more then I thought it would be for the wheel. I was thinking about waiting and trying to buy a used one, is it a pretty easy swap?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,508 Posts
Your welcome. I'm not sure, I haven't done one yet.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
766 Posts
Might be better to have someone custom wrap in good leather. I remember reading about flaking leather on the leather kia steering wheel. Might even be cheaper.

Ps. I meant tje custom wrap may be less expensive than a new leather wheel,

Oh, yeah, welcome!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Might be better to have someone custom wrap in good leather. I remember reading about flaking leather on the leather kia steering wheel. Might even be cheaper.
Mine is flaking as we speak. Dealer said to wait a bit and replace it just as the warranty is up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts