Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, just wanted to share , this car is very nice. Im so impressed by its comfort and plush interior, its very nicely body size and design.
I admit i was very conflicted , switching to a KIA but in comparison to other brands this one has it all , even the body design is nicer then much more costly cars.
THe overall quality is awsome, I hoping we made a good choice!

My saleman mentioned that there is a part that fits in the cupholder to hold iphone , and also i have found the cord for connection on ebay but not the holder, does anyone know the name it would be or part ?

Also are the tires filled with normal air or is it nitrogen filled , if thats the gas they sometimes put in new vehicles ?

Thanks and proud to be a kia owner!:D

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,412 Posts
For the holder, look up "Kia Universal Electronics Holder", on ebay or any internet search.

If you were planning on getting the cable, depending on the radio, you may not need it. The UVO radio does not require the Kia cable, but the Nav radio does. If you have UVO, the cable that came with your Iphone should work.

From the factory, the tires do not come nitrogen filled. Some dealers, however, do it to all of the vehicles they sell. If it has nitrogen, it should have green caps on the stems. If it doesn't have nitrogen, it should have the silver caps, but you may want to ask the dealer to be sure. If it has the green caps, I would recommend installing the factory silver caps back on. They have a gasket in the cap that prevents water from getting in the stem and causing corrosion. The green caps do not have a gasket.

·
Registered
2011 Titanium Sorento SX - 39,000 miles since 03/2011
106 Posts
:). Congrats!

I have had my 2011 for about 18 months and am still loving every moment I drive it!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
Hello guys, just wanted to share , this car is very nice. Im so impressed by its comfort and plush interior, its very nicely body size and design.
I admit i was very conflicted , switching to a KIA but in comparison to other brands this one has it all , even the body design is nicer then much more costly cars.
THe overall quality is awsome, I hoping we made a good choice!

My saleman mentioned that there is a part that fits in the cupholder to hold iphone , and also i have found the cord for connection on ebay but not the holder, does anyone know the name it would be or part ?

Also are the tires filled with normal air or is it nitrogen filled , if thats the gas they sometimes put in new vehicles ?

Thanks and proud to be a kia owner!:D
Glad you like your SX! I'm a bit confused by dealers that try to pad profit with nitrogen tire inflation. Plain ol' air is already 78% nitrogen. :)

As for the phone holder, I find that my Galaxy SII, which is approximately the same size as an iphone, fits nicely if I lean it between the two power sockets on the top and the bottom back towards the shifter. The rubbery liner of the cubby hole seems to keep it from sliding around as well.

Best,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts