Kia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am new to the forum and purchasing my new Optima Tomorrow!

I am trying to decide between the EX Premium in the Dark Cherry or the Satin Metal. I am a single male, if that makes any difference. Just curious what the forum users think of those two colors!

What about the upkeep of each? Is one harder than the other to keep clean and looking sharp?

Thanks!!

Peter

·
Registered
47 Posts
Satin Metal will look cleaner than Dark Cherry. I think the chrome accents would look better on the Dark Cherry color though (they'd pop more).

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,412 Posts
For ease of upkeep, definitely go with the satin metal. The dark cherry looks nice, but shows everything.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a dark cherry EX. Yes it dies show the dirt but if you don't mind washing your car or going to a car wash I think it is one of the sharpest looking colors offered on the Optima. In addition I found that the California Car Duster takes care of the dust that gets on the car.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Silver and it's derivitives certainly show the dirt less... but neither can they stand out when spotless because the color is so common..

The dark cherry is just a classy color... and when it is polished is indeed the best color for the Optima... In my case I want the best optics, not the least amount of care so I wipe my car down daily sometimes .. doesn't bother me because the outcome is so rewarding... what bugs me is how bland the color choices otherwise are for the Optima... The Pearl White when clean is also beautiful.. but 6 versions of silver or gun metal is just boaring.

They desperately need to add some rich colors to the choices.... but keep the dark cherry please.. IMO

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well my name is Peter also,
I just bought a Satin metal SX,
I'm married AND
I have a California car duster too! - LOL.

The dark cherry will require a "little" more upkeep to keep it looking "It's" best, the satin metal is more "forgiving" - not saying it doesn't require upkeep, but will not show it as much as the dark cherry.

I love my satin metal SX and am glad I chose it.
You had to see the dilema I had just picking out a rear plate frame - Chrome, Black, Gold.
Ended up going Black - nice & subtle contrast.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento 2.4L & 2012 Optima Premium Hybrid, 1989 KR-1 250cc "2stroke"
101 Posts
i have a different case with my 2012 Optima Hybrid "Premium"
im a married guy with kids by the way,
I waited for a month to get my hybrid premium,
they told me that my choices are Ebony Black, Satin Metal and Snow White Pearl,
So i decided to get the Satin Metal for easier to maintain the dirt,

(Dark Cherry looks nice too for its unique color and not a lot of that car color around)

Then when the Hybrids arrived they told me that the Satin Metal is a Convenience Package only and not Premium, the only Premium Package they got is the Snow-White-Pearl, i didnt have any choice so i did get the Snow White Pearl because i really want to have that Panoramic Sunroof etc...

·
Registered
Accord, stick
206 Posts
i have a different case with my 2012 Optima Hybrid "Premium"
im a married guy with kids by the way,
I waited for a month to get my hybrid premium,
they told me that my choices are Ebony Black, Satin Metal and Snow White Pearl,
So i decided to get the Satin Metal for easier to maintain the dirt,

(Dark Cherry looks nice too for its unique color and not a lot of that car color around)

Then when the Hybrids arrived they told me that the Satin Metal is a Convenience Package only and not Premium, the only Premium Package they got is the Snow-White-Pearl, i didnt have any choice so i did get the Snow White Pearl because i really want to have that Panoramic Sunroof etc...
Yes, you did have a choice; you could wait for another batch and demand color/equipment combo you wanted. Blackmail by dealerships 'take what we have or go' is not accepted in my book.

Silver is the most forgiving and it 'blends' dust very well.

Any other color might look sharper and it depends how long do you plan to keep car, do you plan to use it as 'cheek magnet', or as your pride, or to be seen and talked about.
Take color YOU will be happy with. If you wash it in car-washing establishments, go to touchless one since all those swirls from brushes will show 'nicely' or any color than silver. But some people love to cares their cars with waxes and whatnot instead of partners...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Going with the Dark Cherry..

Thanks for all the great posts. The post from "maybekia" definately made me think hard. While Bronze happened to be my first choice, I think the Dark Cherry will look great. I may need a bit more upkeep, but I am up for the task!

I am looking forward to being a member of the forum! A great group of Kia Optima owners on here!

·
Registered
2011 Sorento 2.4L & 2012 Optima Premium Hybrid, 1989 KR-1 250cc "2stroke"
101 Posts
Yes, you did have a choice; you could wait for another batch and demand color/equipment combo you wanted. Blackmail by dealerships 'take what we have or go' is not accepted in my book.
i see,
on my part i waited for 1 month just to get my Hybrid and i think i cant wait for anymore longer than that,
i even told them that so they were updating me everyweek, so i did get the hybrid the same day they arrived,
NOT ALL KIA DEALERS ARE CERTIFIED HYBRID DEALERS AND SOME OF DEALERS MAY NOT HAVE STOCK..
they are the only KIA Dealer that sells Hybrid in our area which we have 3 KIA Dealers with 50miles from my place,
and they are only getting 3 Hybrids at that time for 3mos because it is limited,
so i decided to get the Snow White Pearl since thats the only Hybrid Premium Package they have.

AND because of that, the Dealer gave me a FREE Hood Deflector with Free Installation worth $160..

i did my homework little bit :rolleyes:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Right123..

My sister has the Bronze... IMO it just boring compared to the dark cherry I have or the White Pearl my wife has.. which I was frankly suprised to see used in the commercials on tv.... I never pick a color based on how well it hides dirt.. I simply agree certain colors show dirt more than others... But If I have a Choice ... I am going to buy the richest color available all other things considered... With dew on the cars every morning I just drag a terry cloth over the hood, roof, and deck and ta da.. 30 seconds later pretty again.. The one in the garage may have to be washed.. I just wish they had a very dark jade or emerald/forest green.. that would look awsome with camel leather interior..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts