Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Hi everybody, I live north of canada in the yukon, and bought a 2002 kia rio last December. So far it has been a good car, standard trans, no power steering, no air canditioning. Just a plain car. I had installed Driving Lights and it was a little ticky to have those lights controlled with the high beam circuit because of DRL switch. I'm looking to buy a shop maual and a electrical trouble shooting book because the dealer is telling me that I should change the timing belt at 60000 KM. The car has 55000 KM. I don't know about the warranty, the dealear says it is not covered, so I'll change it myself. Beside the car is OK except that sometime I press on the brake pedal at yhe same time when I press on the clutch, because of my big winter boots I guess.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,063 Posts
welcome to the site. also the timing belt needs to be changed at 60000 miles not km.
also make sure you do it right as these kia motors are interference motors which mean if timing isnt right boom boom motor!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.