Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul X-line
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my husband and I just purchased our first brand new 2020 KIA Soul Saturday. We traded in our othet vehicle, got financed through KIA, signed the contract, and took our new car home. Now today they called and said they "accidentally" gave us a $1750 rebate and that it was a mistake since we financed for 84 months. They want us to come back and redo the contract and take away the rebate. Is this legal? After a deal is done and contract signed can they request the rebate back? This is not our mistake and I don't feel they should be able to do this.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,613 Posts
Hi, my husband and I just purchased our first brand new 2020 KIA Soul Saturday. We traded in our othet vehicle, got financed through KIA, signed the contract, and took our new car home. Now today they called and said they "accidentally" gave us a $1750 rebate and that it was a mistake since we financed for 84 months. They want us to come back and redo the contract and take away the rebate. Is this legal? After a deal is done and contract signed can they request the rebate back? This is not our mistake and I don't feel they should be able to do this.
Absolutely not, the deal is final.

·
Registered
2011 Forte SX 2.4L (thankfully MPI) A/T 144K miles
1,318 Posts
That collection of criminals just took over the lead for the coveted stealership-of-the-year award👍

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,613 Posts
There was another similar incident reported here, and the member did not fall for the dealerships attempt to extract more from his wallet - they have no legal recourse and they know it.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
632 Posts
No need for you to fix their mistake, if even its a mistake....trust me, they did not lose any money.
But, use their service department with a jaundiced eye in the future!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nope. Deal done. They have to eat it. They will probably make it up in some other person. If they call me I would just laugh but that’s me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul X-line
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was another similar incident reported here, and the member did not fall for the dealerships attempt to extract more from his wallet - they have no legal recourse and they know it.
Thanks! I called them first thing this morning and told them I was NOT signing a new contract! It was their mistake not mine and they'll have to just eat the $1750. He said ummm ok I'll talk to the guy who gave you the deal. And I never heard back. I've already consulted with another KIA finance manager and KIA corporate. There's nothing they can do except eat it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts