Kia Forum banner

161 - 162 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sportage SX
148 Posts
My update went smoothly, generally like the update. What I don't like is on the previous version when I started the vehicle and put it in reverse the rear camera would instantly come on . Now it doesn't and I have to wait way too long for it to come on.
I found that if you put the car in reverse and begin backing up right away (like I normally do) the dumb warning screen stays on for so long it is ridiculous and unsafe. However, if you shift into reverse and hesitate a moment before actually backing up, the camera will come on over the warning screen.

In the older version, whenever you were in reverse, the camera was always on regardless of the warning screen. I don't know why they would make such a change, but this seems to be the behavior in the latest version.

·
Registered
Sportage SX 2017 / Pacific Blue & Canyon Beige Interior
23 Posts
I'm wondering whether Canadian duties from goods imported by mail have something to do with it. If the quantities are very low, as in this case, then a small software outfit like MnSoft would spend both shipping and, more importantly, administrative costs processing a very small number of updates. Look at it this way.... they charge $10-15 shipping for the U.S. so it's just $10 or so more for Canada. When you put it that way, it really doesn't look like that much. I've been in companies where we had to service low quantities to other countries and if you amortize those costs among the 1 or 2 individuals that are hired to do that, it gets really expensive on a per item basis. I'm not saying this is the case here, but that has been my experience. $55 can is still a whole lot less than the $200 can that it cost before.....
Totally agree that the price is much lower than it was and hence why I decided to go forward. If the download option would have been available, this would have made things even simpler.

Anyway, I decided to write to them earlier today as I still did not receive the update after I ordered it end of May. They were quite quick to reply. Per the message below and as expected, Covid-19 mail delay is to blame it seems. Problem is I'm moving beginning of August so I will likely have to forward my mail to the new address for a while (at least until I receive it). Not a big deal in the end, there are much bigger problems out there.

-----------------------------------------
Hello

Thank you for your email.

Due to the current pandemic USPS order to Canada have unfortunately been delayed and can now take around 4-8 weeks to arrive.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Best regards,
Greg

161 - 162 of 162 Posts