Kia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sportage SX Turbo AWD
18 Posts
You can use Google Maps and send the address to your "phone" (i.e., your car -- you have that option) and when you attach your phone via the USB cable, the map addresses can be transferred. I've done that a couple of times. It's clumsy, but it works...
oo thats good to know, I didn't know you can do that. thanks!

·
Registered
2017 AWD Sportage SX Black Cherry/Beige
304 Posts
Got a response!

Hi Fred,

I apologize for the inconvenience.

The update for your generation of vehicles is currently on hold as there was a slight copy issue that we have since worked out.

We hope to have everything operational again in the near future so that you will be able to update your vehicle.

Sincerely,
Austin

On Sat, 9 May at 7:05 AM , Fredp.vt <[email protected]> wrote:
NameFrederick Pileggi
Email[email protected]
Your Model Year2017
Your MakeKia
Your Kia ModelSportage
Did you place an order?Inquiry about missing update V. 14 for 2017 Sportage SX
Recently you updated your website with V. 14 of the Map software that included 2017-2020 Sportages. Several members of a Kia forum I follow bought and installed the SD card without any problems. I was about to do the same when I saw that for my 2017 Sportage the update was no longer available. What happened to have my year pulled from being able to upgrade? When I plugged in 2018 etc. the option was there. Web page goof or some issue that I would like to know about.

Thanks Fred

You can edit this submission and view all your submissions easily.

555:1369581

·
Registered
Sportage SX 2017
72 Posts
Got a response!

Hi Fred,

I apologize for the inconvenience.

The update for your generation of vehicles is currently on hold as there was a slight copy issue that we have since worked out.

We hope to have everything operational again in the near future so that you will be able to update your vehicle.

Sincerely,
Austin

On Sat, 9 May at 7:05 AM , Fredp.vt EMAIL]> wrote:
NameFrederick Pileggi
Email[email protected]
Your Model Year2017
Your MakeKia
Your Kia ModelSportage
Did you place an order?Inquiry about missing update V. 14 for 2017 Sportage SX
Recently you updated your website with V. 14 of the Map software that included 2017-2020 Sportages. Several members of a Kia forum I follow bought and installed the SD card without any problems. I was about to do the same when I saw that for my 2017 Sportage the update was no longer available. What happened to have my year pulled from being able to upgrade? When I plugged in 2018 etc. the option was there. Web page goof or some issue that I would like to know about.

Thanks Fred

You can edit this submission and view all your submissions easily.

555:1369581
What's that mean though for us that have our SD cards already?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 AWD Sportage SX Black Cherry/Beige
304 Posts
What's that mean though for us that have our SD cards already?

Well you could simply call them and with your purchase info either get a refund or request that a new SD card be sent to you when the 2017 update option becomes available.

·
Registered
2018 Sportage SX Turbo Black with beige interior
32 Posts
I just noticed on the KIA Canada site if you purchase a 2020 KIA you will get 2 updates per year for 10 years.
I don't know if this is the same in the states or not.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage SX, Copper&Beige AWD
150 Posts
I want to buy the SD card, I hope it will be available for my 2017 SX after May 15th as they showed when I tried to buy the update a few minutes ago. See thumbnails.

KIA Map.jpeg Map Info.jpeg

·
Registered
Sportage SX 2017
72 Posts
I want to buy the SD card, I hope it will be available for my 2017 SX after May 15th as they showed when I tried to buy the update a few minutes ago. See thumbnails.

View attachment 114674 View attachment 114675
Well I wrote them and they asked me for screen shots of my error. I explained that my goal is not to get am error amd why was the update pulled from the system.

Haven't gotten an email back.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I was sitting at the bank drive-thru playing with the radio when I saw for the first time the 'SD' and 'MAP' on the little port cover I thought was just a blank. Now I know where to put the card.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage SX Turbo | 2012 Sportage LX
95 Posts
I just noticed on the KIA Canada site if you purchase a 2020 KIA you will get 2 updates per year for 10 years.
I don't know if this is the same in the states or not.
I just bought my 2020 SX Turbo and I am wondering if that is true too because my dealership here said nothing to me about it.
Anyone else waiting for the Download option on the 15th?

·
Registered
2019 Sportage AWD EX
6 Posts
How can I find the map version currently installed on my 2019 Sportage? I have searched..... Also, what size SD card will I need if I download version 14 of the maps? Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
How can I find the map version currently installed on my 2019 Sportage? I have searched..... Also, what size SD card will I need if I download version 14 of the maps? Thanks.
You'll find it in "System Info" in the system menu. Just a regular SD card of 16GB or more. If you actually go to the site and log in you'll see all of this info....

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX V6 , 2012 Soul !
678 Posts
Well I wrote them and they asked me for screen shots of my error. I explained that my goal is not to get am error amd why was the update pulled from the system.

Haven't gotten an email back.

The update was pulled due to an error in one of the files that caused navigation to not work and maps not display properly. I would imagine it should be available again soon as I just got a replacement card delivered today that fixes the issue.

·
Registered
Sportage SX 2017
72 Posts
The update was pulled due to an error in one of the files that caused navigation to not work and maps not display properly. I would imagine it should be available again soon as I just got a replacement card delivered today that fixes the issue.
Did you have to request the card or did it autoship?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX V6 , 2012 Soul !
678 Posts
Did you have to request the card or did it autoship?

I didn't request it. It came with a letter stating that their records indicated I ordered the V14 map and that they found an issue with it and have corrected it and were sending a replacement card. Have to send the old one back - they provided a return label.

You won't get an error by installing the one you have - the actual firmware update works fine - but navigation won't work.. It's just one of the map files that has issues and the maps are stored on the SD card. If you've done the update using the original card then all that is required when you receive the new is to swap them out and navigation problem is fixed.

·
Registered
2019 Sportage AWD EX
6 Posts
You'll find it in "System Info" in the system menu. Just a regular SD card of 16GB or more. If you actually go to the site and log in you'll see all of this info....
I'm wondering if I can overwrite the SD card that is currently in the car, or is that not recommended?

41 - 60 of 135 Posts