Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all great forum! proud new owner of SX-FWD. i have a couple of quick questions:

1- whats the best way to listen to music and charge your phone [droid] when i try any old usb cable it doesnt work. i see i have icable but i am using droid.

2- can you pair two of the same type of phones to one car?

3- is there a thermometer on this car for outside temp if so how do i pull up the temp reading?

thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was able to pair 2 iPhone 5's to the system and I am not having issues with my USB port as it allows me to stream and charge my phone at the same time. If you hit the button to the left of the tachometer it will toggle through your mileage, trip counter, and temp at least that is how it is on my EX not sure about the SX

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX AWD
123 Posts
You can find the temp, as mentioned above. Simply cycle through the various options on the dash until you find the temp.

As for the phone pairing, make sure you set your priority for whatever phones or tablets you are using. Meaning, if you have 2 phones or tablets in the car, and both are connected to BT, one will have priority over the other. Therefore, if you are trying to play music from the lower priority device, it may not work if they are both connected.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX AWD
78 Posts
hi all great forum! proud new owner of SX-FWD. i have a couple of quick questions:

1- whats the best way to listen to music and charge your phone [droid] when i try any old usb cable it doesnt work. i see i have icable but i am using droid.

2- can you pair two of the same type of phones to one car?

3- is there a thermometer on this car for outside temp if so how do i pull up the temp reading?

thank you
1) To charge the phone and listen to music I use a standard cigg lighter charger/cable to charge and then stream with bluetooth.

2) Yes you can pair 2 of the same phone but which one connects is hit and miss. You can set one as priority, In theory the car tries to connect to that one and if it doesnt see it then it connects to the next one but I have found that to be very hit and miss.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 2.4L w/ Convenience Package, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SE-AWC
577 Posts
Technically, the manual does say that the USB port is not a charging port. I always use the cigarette lighter and the standard car charger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts