Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia-Rio EX 1.4 Hatch Petrol (Silver)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the above vehicle . 1600km done . annoying ticking noise in engine ,sort of goes when the engine gets hot. Is this normal in Kia Rio cars.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Very likely "valve lifter" noise. Most engines will have some degree of lifter noise; it often improves with age of the engine, but can be adjusted out if it is bad enough.

·
Registered
Kia-Rio EX 1.4 Hatch Petrol (Silver)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Very likely "valve lifter" noise. Most engines will have some degree of lifter noise; it often improves with age of the engine, but can be adjusted out if it is bad enough.
Thanks for your reply: I have been to the sales garage this morning to get the problem investigated. They are taking the car in next Tuesday , leave overnight so they can start in morning cold. Very nice about it and will give me loan car.
I thought it might be lifter noise myself? Its quiet annoying listening to the loud ticking noise until the engine gets heated up, which takes 15 min. or so. Is it a big job to adjust the lifters. Otherwise i am very happy with the Kia-Rio 1.4, but i don't think i could live with that ticking noise. I was wondering if it would be coming from the pump?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts