Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning, All! I am a new KIA Owner and am loving my 2018 Sportage. It currently only has 3500 miles and has been doing quite well. I currently have an issue with a new discovery (noise) when starting my Kia. I have sent a video to Kia dealer and they are kinda stumped also so I am going to take it in but thought I might ask the question here also.

Just recently it has started making an audible like "panic" noise when starting it only. It will not do it on repetitive starts you have to wait like 15 to 30 min in between before it does again. It only does this three times when starting then goes away. There are no warning lights on when this happens. I have a video that I captured and have attempted to attach to post but it wont let me since .mov extension.

Maybe I have given enough description for some one to make an educated guess or they have heard before also.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,892 Posts
Good Morning, All! I am a new KIA Owner and am loving my 2018 Sportage. It currently only has 3500 miles and has been doing quite well. I currently have an issue with a new discovery (noise) when starting my Kia. I have sent a video to Kia dealer and they are kinda stumped also so I am going to take it in but thought I might ask the question here also.

Just recently it has started making an audible like "panic" noise when starting it only. It will not do it on repetitive starts you have to wait like 15 to 30 min in between before it does again. It only does this three times when starting then goes away. There are no warning lights on when this happens. I have a video that I captured and have attempted to attach to post but it wont let me since .mov extension.

Maybe I have given enough description for some one to make an educated guess or they have heard before also.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
202 Posts
Could be accessory related. Perhaps the spring loaded idler pulley for the belt. Since your under warranty, take it in to the dealer if possible or a trusted mechanic. Its not a common noise among the Sportage. Good luck with your new car!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts