Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have literal just bought a Kia Carens for a good price. In fact it is only9 months old. The price is good because it was involved in a crash with bumper and side panel being professionally replaced. BUT the air bags are not lighting up and the horn does not work. Apparently the bags have been replaced although the dash one is a bit messy in the finish. Can anyone tell me if the work is likely to be expensive?

Any comments on the model? And where can I get detailed manuals etc or CD ROm, which I managed to get hold of for a different manufacturer on my previous car.

:amen:

·
Registered
2005 Kia Carens
10 Posts
Good choice & :00000732: ...Not sure about the horn/airbag but the manual is quite thick & we only received it in paper format when we bought new. Try writing/calling & see if they will provide a replacement:

0800 77 57 77

Kia Customer Services
Kia Motors UK Limited
PO Box 464
Stockport
SK3 0WU

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your welcome and replies.
Does anyone know where to get a wiring diagram. It turns out that the dash light is not working, although the other indicator lights oil, check engine, imob etc do work. I am wondering whether a wire has been disconnected or the bulb gone. If bulb how do I get to it?
:amen:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I may be a suspicious type, but this car sounds a bit 'dicey' to me. To begin with the vehicle is illegal since you are driving it without an efficient horn, enough for it to fail the standard MOT, and incidentally to invalidate your insurance in the event of a claim.
The air bag system is obviously faulty since the warning lights are inoperative. There should have been no need to interfere with the system if it was only a side panel repair that was necessary/carried out.
Return the car to the dealer/garage you bought it from and insist they correct the faults as they are required to do under the law.
I have owned my Carens 2.0 for about 18 months and am very happy with it in all respects, and with the KIA main agents who have given superb service when required.
Hope you resolve your problems. Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts