Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<_< Just getting started with Kia Sportage, owned it a month. Had nothin' but problems. I love this ride! Somebody tell me it will get better. I bought it used and you know the old sayin', one man's junk is another man's treasure. It's a 2001 Sportage, sharpe little red convertible. Going to be a bundle to fix. Give me any good news about how dependable, durablable, good buy or investment they are. I'm having trouble even finding parts. HELP!!!!!!!! [email protected]

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
67 Posts
Well... my 2k has 97,000+ miles on it and i know people who are well over the 100k mark. I love mine. Just post the probs you're having and we'll definitely help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I as well could use some help with my 1999 Kia sportage EX. I have only had it for about a week but no owners manual. I could use a copy of the manual and I would love to know what type of transmision fluid it uses think mine is on the low side and don't want to put in the wrong stuff. :eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello from San Juan, Puerto Rico!! I have a 1997 sportage, purchase it new, right now I having some minor mechanical problems after 8 yrs not bad. Anyway here is a good web site, the bad part is that you need to pay 24.95 a yr to join. It's very good web site if you own a KIA SPORTAGE, The manual is very expensive, this web site gives you pictures, diagram, trouble codes and many more good stuff. I had problems with my vacuum houses and with the diagram, I found the FIX. Anyway good!!! If you need parts here in Puerto Rico I can find them.

MATRUCO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I 've been off line. Not bad enought my rides messin' up. My computer is gone on hiatis as well. My KIA is everything I've wanted in a ride. It's a 4x4, it has power to spare, and it just looks sharp. BUT! I've owned it two months and I have replaced an upstream oxygen sensor, a timing belt,( thank God it didn't warp any valves), as well as the usual new,"used", ride needs, air filter, oil change, plugs. But in this time it has gone crazy on me. When you press the accellerator, it flatlines. You either have to be doing 20 in first gear or 60 in fourth gear. Other than that, it bug jumps,( like driving a standard for the first time), I know it's probably the back sensor that needs to be replaced. It's just so depressing. I have a child to raise. When your ride misses up on a regular basis. It's dishearting. Just looking for words of incouragment I guess. Thanks Bren.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.