Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX White
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a Work in Progress (WIP) as I will update this with information as I start the install.

I bought a Dash online from
T2008G Kia K3 Rio 2012 Car DVD with GPS,Bluetooth,ipod,PIP,Games,Dual Zone,Steering Wheel Control - Tradesolution HK Ltd.

It arrived.. 3 days to Canada.. awesome. so now the task of installing it.. lots of wires very little documentation of what is what.. so no high hopes this works the first time around.. Here are a few pics

There is NO passanger airbag light in this dash so I will have to see what to do with this.. Also the Rear camera will be the biggest pain along with trying to setup a Amp and Sub to work with this system.

Build quality is OK

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
That looks like it has no RCA Pre outs for your amps that you expect to put on lol.
I saw that unit on a website too. Is there a brand on the deck at all or is it just made by the people that made the mold ?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX White
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hah so would I..

here is a few more.. I asked for the Can Bus Harness as well just in case. :) I did notice there is a Line out for Front right front left same with rear left and right.. which is good so I can wire up my amp.

CanBus Harness

Ipod Connection

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
won't your existing harness plug into the back of that one?

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
They would plug into 1 section but the other half is needed for backup camera and steering wheel controls I think.. how did you pry your dash off I tried flat head and a puddy knife it did not want to budge
Worked for me with a putty knife. Just try different spots. I put a credit card between then putty knife and the soft touch dash and pried against that. So far no additional charges have showed up on my card.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX White
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Powered it up.. video works great. dvd works great. IPOD works as well as expected. GPS is taking a bit to get up and running I have to test different types of GPS systems to load. everything else is running great.

will post a video very soon.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Powered it up.. video works great. dvd works great. IPOD works as well as expected. GPS is taking a bit to get up and running I have to test different types of GPS systems to load. everything else is running great.

will post a video very soon.
God that sounds too good to be true for a no name unit lol. That's a massive bargain because on some sites the dash kit alone was $150. If you could post a video showing

1. operation of steering wheel controls
2. operation of bluetooth
3. Operation of dvd player
4. Operation of Ipod control
5. operation of Gps system
6. Walkthrough of the interface

Myself as well as many others would really appreciate it. Maybe a DIY walkthrough for the wiring troubles you had.

Thanks a bunch and keep it up !!

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
The big question for me is - is the sound quality noticeably better than the stock head unit?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 SX UVO, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury
116 Posts
hope it works out for you..looks promising.

I bought some cheaper headrest monitors and they ended up being peices of junk... removed them and sold them (different vehicle, ot on the kia).

1 - 20 of 81 Posts