Kia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other Canadians notice that the "new" revised service schedule, including a whopping $600 service at 48000km, will cost per year about what they have to pay us for fuel mileage adjustments?

What a joke!

I sold my last car (a smart) because Merecedes was jerking me around with service costs, and was particularly sensitive to them as a result. When I priced the Rio for costs over 60,000km of driving it was a little over $1050 if memory serves (this was a half year ago).

The new schedule should work out to $1800 now!

Insane...no more dealer service for me! Every time I think they're getting better, I get a nice dose of reality to set me straight :D

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
its a recommended service schedule, because they consider Canada a "severe weather" climate.
You can also get yours done at your local garage, you don't have to use the dealership. There is a lot they do in that 48,000km/48 month service. Kia is always sending discount coupons and there is the Reward program for points.

I've had two services done with my dealership (go every 6 months) - my first years maintenance cost - $36.43.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a recommended service schedule, because they consider Canada a "severe weather" climate.
Yep, salesperson mentioned that.

You can also get yours done at your local garage, you don't have to use the dealership.
Agreed, I realize that. It's just the garage local to my house is more of pain to get to then the dealership which is within walking distance of the office. Was looking forward to being able to get the car serviced without needing to arrange for my fiance to swap cars etc to leave at the local place.

There is a lot they do in that 48,000km/48 month service. Kia is always sending discount coupons and there is the Reward program for points.
They do a lot that isn't necessary as well.

My beef is that the recommended service cost about 40% less when I priced it out when I bought the car, and after the fuel rebate program came out, they're now asking for about as much as they'll pay me back. Service 4 (@$599.99) didn't even exist back then.

Now sure, they may have just realized that the cars need far more service then they thought...or they may be looking to keep profits the same as before ;)

I've had two services done with my dealership (go every 6 months) - my first years maintenance cost - $36.43.
Unless you're just talking about a few bulb changes, I think you forgot a digit there. Can't even get the oil changed once for that price.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Unless you're just talking about a few bulb changes, I think you forgot a digit there. Can't even get the oil changed once for that price.
That amount is correct, but didn't give you the full story, as all my oil changes are free :D Also I do not do a lot of driving, so they felt that some of things they recommended were not required because of that, they only did what they felt was necessary based on my low mileage.

With regards the service and the fact they include stuff that you may think not necessary then tell them you don't want it, its your choice, its recommended, its not compulsory.

Would be helpful to all members if you could fill our your DRIVES and LOCATION on the left side, makes it so much easier for us with these details in answering any future questions, as this is a worldwide forum and vehicles are not necessary equipped the same from one country to another. - thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Rio 5 & 2009 Rav4 Sport V6
104 Posts
That amount is correct, but didn't give you the full story, as all my oil changes are free :D Also I do not do a lot of driving, so they felt that some of things they recommended were not required because of that, they only did what they felt was necessary based on my low mileage.
I tried to tell them not to do everything, but they said that I'd have to pay for the oil change if I don't do the service they tell me I have to do. :(

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Any other Canadians notice that the "new" revised service schedule, including a whopping $600 service at 48000km, will cost per year about what they have to pay us for fuel mileage adjustments?

What a joke!

I sold my last car (a smart) because Merecedes was jerking me around with service costs, and was particularly sensitive to them as a result. When I priced the Rio for costs over 60,000km of driving it was a little over $1050 if memory serves (this was a half year ago).

The new schedule should work out to $1800 now!

Insane...no more dealer service for me! Every time I think they're getting better, I get a nice dose of reality to set me straight :D
I agree with you. Actually, I was waiting to see in what ways Kia/Hyundai would get their money back. No company in the world gives something completely free. Surely not credit cards. This money had to come back to KH one way or the other.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
I agree with you. Actually, I was waiting to see in what ways Kia/Hyundai would get their money back. No company in the world gives something completely free. Surely not credit cards. This money had to come back to KH one way or the other.
you comment really doesn't make sense, the dealer gains on this not Kia/Hyundai.
Its just a guide and to give you an idea of cost and you don't have to get your regular maintenance done at a dealership, its not compulsory.

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
you comment really doesn't make sense, the dealer gains on this not Kia/Hyundai.
Its just a guide and to give you an idea of cost and you don't have to get your regular maintenance done at a dealership, its not compulsory.
Amen. Thank you Mr Conwelpic for your enlightenment. Should have known better before posting.:huh: My comment really doesn't make sense. I repent.

·
Registered
sportage base model manual trans
396 Posts
yes looking the check list some stuff makes me laugh . check horn , check signal lights , washer fluid , seat belt anchor , lube door hinges . its really just paying $400 for an oil change and air filter

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Nav Silver/Black
68 Posts
Took my car in today for an oil change (20,000k) and was told that it needed a "C" Service. $299.00 for them to change the oil, air filter, lube some items "inspect brakes" and bla bla bla.. I was first told it would take 3 hours to complete the service. So I took the shuttle to my office as they did not have any loner cars. Got to my office for about 1.5 hours and had a call telling me it was done..

I want to know what they really did.. My VW gets a print out of all the items they checked, measurements, battery level, tread depth. Something at least even if its all just typed in.
with KIA i just get a list of items they said they did.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Sportage LX, 2015 Kia Soul EX, 2010 Can-Am Spyder RT, 2008 Kawasaki KLR650
133 Posts
So I live close to Rochester and Buffalo, But I am in Canada, their weather is worse then ours, but they do not have a severe weather schedule? they are on the same schedule as Arizona? I think it is still a money grab.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 SX UVO, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury
116 Posts
Kia west edmonton? hahaha I thought you have free ABC services for lifetime.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sadly South Town KIA.. is where the "free" services are from. But I refuse to go to them ever again. Rude, Ignorant, improperly trained and always felt rushed there. just a few more months and I am getting a new car, I just do not want the worry, the cost, and lies..
going back to my trusty German engineering.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Sadly South Town KIA.. is where the "free" services are from. But I refuse to go to them ever again. Rude, Ignorant, improperly trained and always felt rushed there. just a few more months and I am getting a new car, I just do not want the worry, the cost, and lies..
going back to my trusty German engineering.
you can always go to another dealer or get it services at an independent shop, its not a requirement to use a dealer.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 SX UVO, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury
116 Posts
But he was going to get lifetime free services from the place he didn't buy the car.

Xak. Do you not like the kia, or is the servicing driving you to look for a different car? It's a shame when a good vehicle loses a customer simply because of the servicing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
its the fact that i am have had engine issues from day one..
water contamination, bad MPG (less than expected), no update for maps and now knocking or uncontrolled ignition when under load like climbing hills or acceleration at times.
Kia has said that they cant figure it out so they are waiting till the engine dies more or less.

I was really lied to when i bought the car and now just happy with the overall package...
:-(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts