Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Chevy Trailblazer
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've been reading this forum for a while and it's great so far.

Haven't seen much information on the question I had so I figured I would post.

I'm VERY interested in a Kia Sportage SX AWD. Go turbo or go home right?
So, I am perplexed to find NONE near me. I really want it in Black Cherry, there are almost 0 in the US.
Is there an explanation for this?

Also, are the 2013 Sportage's due out soon? How about the 2013 SX Turbos?
I'm wondering if I should wait or not...

My time-frame to buy is in the next few months, so I was thinking about ordering a SX.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of stuff?

Thanks in Advance.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,048 Posts
It's called supply and demand.

They can't make them fast enough in Korea.............

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD Mineral Silver
459 Posts
Kia can't seem to keep up with the demand in the US. If you do a search on cars.com or autotrader.com you can search large areas to see where they are, but you will have to get your dealer to trade for them or go on a trip to get one.

If you try and order one, prepare to wait an extremely long time to get one. I have read here that some people had waited 6 months before getting one.

Not sure when the 2013's are coming out, I think august, but not really sure.

SX AWD is a great car though, worth the wait or the pain to get one! If you have time, go into your local dealer and see what they can find for you. I am in WI and my dealer was willing to work with me. Took a month, but they were able to find exactly what I wanted and traded for one from NY. I had to pay for the shipping, but worth it!

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX AWD, 2006 Civic Si
17 Posts
I guess I am incredibly lucky. Went in to trade our 2009 sportage and they had the 2011 sportage SX. Picked it up that same day. Love it so much. Good luck with your search OP. Worth the wait or effort to find one, no doubt about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts