Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Spectra
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the store to get a new key as mine is about to crack. they had the blanks and made 2 for me. got home and tried them but they wont fit. they are labeled as hyunadi keys(shouldnt matter right). Its almost like they are to thick. they fit til it gets skinny in the key like halfway. dont want to shove them in. i know they are brand new keys and need some wear. what should i do? anyone have this problem? not many local stores have kia blanks. are the ones off ebay really gonna be any different?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX w/EX tech package
4,663 Posts
Go back to the store, and have them cut new ones again. Or go get your money back, and go to your local Kia dealership.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento. 03 Kia Spectra
16 Posts
Where did you get your key made.. Everywhere I've gone they do't carry the blank.
Dont want to spend top money at the dealer or lock smith.
Tony

·
Registered
2003 Kia Spectra
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also don't want to spend money for lock smith or dealership. I got mine made at Ace Hardware.
You can also buy one off ebay.

·
Super Moderator
4,663 Posts
Where did you get your key made.. Everywhere I've gone they do't carry the blank.
Dont want to spend top money at the dealer or lock smith.
Tony
Well, if you need a key, and the hardware store dosn't have the blank, what are you going to do? A key at a Kia dealership (for your 03 Spectra) is $12.00. How much did you think they are?

·
Super Moderator
4,663 Posts
I'll sell you 3 @ $9.00 each.....unless you would like to pay $300.00 each?

·
Registered
SPECTRA (TRADED),CADILLAC (TRADED), ACURA MDX, SUZUKI KIZASHI, FORD FOCUS
21 Posts
you are very cheap !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts