Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

New here, so I thought I'd say hello.

Just bought a Sport Blue Spectra 5, no sunroof, no ABS. It is my first practical car after having two Hyundai Tiburons, a 99 and a 2003. And previous to those was a horrid, VW new beetle. :angry:

I am 20 years old, and run a detaling and accessory shop here in B.C.

I install power sunroofs, leather interiors, and lots of other accessories for vehicles.

Mods to my car will be as follows:

Webasto hollandia 400 sliding sunroof (Absolute first MOD)
Front and rear lower spoilers, and high mount spoiler.(factory parts)
TSW turn 6 wheels with 40 series tires
Tint windows
Factory color match grey heated leather seats with beige suede inserts.
eibach springs ( to fix horrible body lean)
Factory front strut tower brace, cause canada doesnt get them!!!! :angry:
Aftermarket kit (when available?) to fix clunky shifter
and finally, some better brakes.

But, I'd better cut myself off before I start to ramble really bad! Thanks for listening and I'd would love feedback on my plans for mods.

Thanks again.

Josh Barlocher

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Welcome :) . Hope you enjoy your stay here.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,100 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey keep up with your updates on the mods you plan on doing. I also have spectra5. I got mine yesterday and I love this car. but I here you on the shifter. I also don't like the clutch very much. it is hard to find the release point. I hope that will change after it gets some use on it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, the shifter is pretty bunk, especially after I drive Mazda 3's all day (i work for mazda) I must admit, the shifter on those is nice and tight, with short throws... oh well, thats what aftermarket is for!

and actually, the clutch does change a LOT with break in, i now have 2900 kms on the car, and I am totally used to it, and it is not so touchy anymore.

Check out my new topic also.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.