Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi new her my sister has recently had problems with her 2006 kia sportage 2.0 crdi first of all it went to a kia garage where they told us the problem was egr valve stuck up and egr cooler leaking, after that they cleaned out egr and all was ok, a week later she has gone on holiday today and half way there the car looses power in the fast lane and dies got onto hard shoulder and got recovered to a garage where they say bottom end has gone (siezed)

would these two problems be linked also what could be the cheapest repair option

desperatley need some information as they are stuck 200 miles away from me and the car will need to be recovered home, just need some help from yu guys please

· Registered
Cerato
691 Posts
There have been many posts on Sportage diesel EGR problems (poor acceleration, rough idle etc.). I guess your sister's original problems were of this general description.

Some posts on difficult-to-diagnose sudden loss of power with these cars, with no definitive answer.

If the bottom end (bearings etc.) has indeed seized, there should have been some noise associated with that. I might be wrong, but there's probably no connection with the previous EGR work. Most likely explanation would be loss of engine oil or coolant. Sludged oil could also be the culprit (too long between changes).

Oh yes, best to confirm if it is the bottom end, because this can involve major expense; including rectifying primary cause of bearing failure.

Hope this helps. -And, welcome to the forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.