Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Soul Base 1.6L & 2020 Kia Soul LX 2.0
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. I'm from AZ, and am gonna update my vehicle profile, but we have two Souls:

2019 Kia Soul Base 1.6L
2020 Kia Soul 2.0 LX (it's the base model)

I am not naive to dealership antics, nor have I needed a repair. I am quite good with vehicle maintenance, but since these are warrantied, and with current world stuff going on, I've had the dealership do some changes for us, after the comp first ones.

I also needed a tire patched, front right, and dealership said based on location on the tire head and lack of full super tire warranty, they'd have to replace at my cost. Discount was like NAH no biggie, patched it stating it was safe to patch, and the tire is fine. Well, the vehicle then went to KIA dealership, and I had them do a tire rotation with this oil change. I can't rotate tires anymore, as we had to move out of our house back to an Apartment, and that's part of why I'm having them do some stuff there, too. I hate paying that much, but time and ability vs money. Anyway, the vehicle came back, and my patched tire on the front right... Was still on the front right. They apologized a lot, and sent someone to get the car and got it back, tires rotated this time, promptly.

However, I just checked the engine oil on the vehicle, as I do once or twice a month just to keep my finger on the pulse of the vehicle. Oil level, after sitting for 3 days, was about 3/8" above the F mark, on a level surface. Called, and their guy said yeah you check it when cold like any other car. I checked the manual, and the interwebs people were correct, that you run the 1.6L engine to op temps, then shut off for 5 minutes to cool. That did not do the trick, as the oil level was still high.

The same guy I spoke to a few weeks ago about the tire rotation thing when they did that oil change and forgot to rotate the tires, is sending someone out to 'make it right', again. I've completely lost confidence in these people, and this is a warranty covered vehicle. I've kept detailed records of the oil changes I did do, and their paperwork for theirs. This does not inspire confidence; I was courteous and explained that I understood the guy on the phone wasn't the cause of my issue, but I'm getting downright irritated with this crap.

I love KIAs, and have had decent experiences over years with ones we didn't own (rental, ex wife's family owned two and I drove the crap outta those, or friends owning and loving them), and we bought two Souls from a dealership that some of those people had good experiences with.

Anyway, I just wanted a take on this experience from you guys who have OWNED KIAs for more than the just over a year that we have.

Thanks for reading my really long winded post. Details were necessary to build a picture of where I'm at with this. Oh, they also lost the little plastic cover over the oil filter access in the panel under the car. I told him that, too, but not to worry about as it may have fallen off (not likely as I reinstalled in on previous oil change securely) and I don't want them to start thinking I'm doing this crap to mess with them.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Soul Base 1.6L & 2020 Kia Soul LX 2.0
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about that. I did not read them slowly or thoroughly enough. My bad. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts