Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new here. I am in need of some advise on whether there is a recall on turn signals. Or is this just a problem in general for Kias? We have a Kia Forte 2012. We are having a problem with our passenger side turn signal on our . We replaced it in mid spring with a new bulb. Then about two and half to three weeks later we had that fast click, click, click sound you get when the bulb is burned out. We had it replaced and it worked for a while. Then it started to do the fast clicking again. Then about the first week of August, it was working again. By the time I was coming home Friday of that week, the signal was not working right again. When we get the fast clicking sound, the light does not work at all. I noticed this just the other day when my Mom had the hazard lights on.

My sister also has a Kia, not sure what her make and model is, and she is having the same problem. She was telling us about it at dinner about a week ago. She had replaced the bulb and about two to three weeks after, it was out again.

This is the reason why I am asking if there is a recall on the turn signals or the lighting housings all together. If not is it something that we can look into getting replaced without replacing the entire housing?

Thanks.

RoseAnn

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,139 Posts
A Google, and forum search will come up with nothing, or not much, on the described problem, which tells you that it's not a typical Kia issue.

Best you take it to a reputable auto-elec shop.

·
Registered
2018 Forte LX
11 Posts
To determine if there is an official Kia recall go to the government's Safer Car website, select Search for Recalls by VIN and enter the VIN number.

Where's My VIN
Look on the lower left of your car's windshield for your 17-character Vehicle Identification Number. Your VIN is also located on your car's registration card, and it may be shown on your insurance card.

·
Registered
Forte 2011
1 Posts
Hello RoseAnn,

I'm new here. i have a 2011 Kia forte that had the same issue. replaced bulb then after a few weeks it don't work. After about 10 bulbs. I started looking into the light socket you will see brass metal tabs in them. bend them out slightly then use dielectric in the socket (available at any part store). Since i have done that it has been 2 years and no more problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts