Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just bought my daughter a 2020 Forte LSX today. So far I think the car is very nice. What did take me back a bit is that it doesn't come with a spare tire. I never heard of this and it has me worried for my daughter should one be needed. Is this normal and what are your thoughts about purchasing one with a jack kit? Also has anyone upgraded the headlight bulbs to LEDs any recommendations on the bulb upgrades? Anything I should know about the vehicle or any other upgrade recommendations?

·
Registered
10 Posts
What did take me back a bit is that it doesn't come with a spare tire. I never heard of this and it has me worried for my daughter should one be needed. Is this normal and what are your thoughts about purchasing one with a jack kit
We have a 2018 Forte which didn't come with a spare. I got the dealer to split the cost of a spare tire kit. I didn't want to be without one. Also, the salesman said that some tow truck drivers don't want to mess with the inflator kit that you get with no spare.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello all. Just bought my daughter a 2020 Forte LSX today. So far I think the car is very nice. What did take me back a bit is that it doesn't come with a spare tire. I never heard of this and it has me worried for my daughter should one be needed. Is this normal and what are your thoughts about purchasing one with a jack kit? Also has anyone upgraded the headlight bulbs to LEDs any recommendations on the bulb upgrades? Anything I should know about the vehicle or any other upgrade recommendations?

Where are you located? I have a full-size spare mounted on a wheel that matched to one’s on the car. I use the spare as part of a 5-wheel rotation. Only problem, the tire pressure reporting system only recognizes 4 tires; and cannot read the sensor on the tire located in the trunk.

2017 Forté 5SX 1.6L Turbo, NE Ohio USA

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are you located? I have a full-size spare mounted on a wheel that matched to one’s on the car. I use the spare as part of a 5-wheel rotation. Only problem, the tire pressure reporting system only recognizes 4 tires; and cannot read the sensor on the tire located in the trunk.

2017 Forté 5SX 1.6L Turbo, NE Ohio USA
I'm about 30 miles north of NYC. I was looking on Kia's website for a spare tire kit and they have different kits listed for different years. It appears that the one listed for my 2020 Forte 16 inch wheel is compatible with the 2019 and 2020 version. Earlier models have different spare tires listed at different prices. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Look on eBay. I priced a spare before purchasing the full sized tire and wheel. If you lived closer I’d offer my spare. There should be a sticker on the driver’s window with 800 number for road service. My Kia Forte 5SX came with 3 years road hazard service warranty.

USA, NE Ohio
2017 Kia Forte 5SX 1.6L Turbo 6-speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not sure a full size wheel and rim will fit in the compartment where the spare tire goes.
Full size wheel and rim fits in the wheel well of my 2017 Kia Forté 5SX. I purchased a full size tire and comparable wheel. With each oil change I have a 5-tire rotation performed.

2017 Kia Forté 5SX, 1.6L 6-speed manual transmission, NE Ohio. USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts