Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to replace my engine within the next year I love my sportage and it will still be cheaper than buying a new car payments n down payments wise mine was free! can't beat free but I want to know what kind of engine to put it can I put a mazda or honda one in im going to take it somewhere and get it done btw im not doing it not that talented! give me ideas I want my baby to run brand new again

·
Registered
'02 Sportage 2 door.
339 Posts
Just have the current engine rebuilt if it needs it.

The factory KIA engine is a Mazda engine.

If you go with any other make of engine it will cost a whole lot more than a car payment as it will be a custom installation and that will be expensive. On top of that it will have to be done by a custom builder as a run of a mill repair shop isn't going to touch a custom fab job.

·
Registered
2000 Sportage EX 4x4 A/T, 2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain
184 Posts
+1 with prmodmerc. If you go with something other than the stock engine, you'll be in for a lot more than just the engine. At a minimum you'd also need the transmission that goes with the new engine, ECU, TCU, wiring harness, and a bunch of custon fabricaton to make it all fit. A lot of cars now a days are front wheel drive so you might be hard pressed to find a rear wheel drive engine depending on what year your looking at getting.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
Dont know where you are, but here in Aus, ford have put a ecoboost 2.0 in the Falcon.
Im fckn excited, coz i am thinking this would an awsome project.
So what is the Falcon you ask?

Its a Large family car (heavy too, Aussie built) that has a straight 6 4.0ltr in there. Oh, and its RWD.

So this year, ford got the ecoboost from the focus, made it RWD and retuned for loads of torque down low to 'feel' like its big six. Now the Falcon also weighs around 1700-1800 kg!
So this little rwd ecoboost i think would be awsome in these little kia's!

170kw, and something like 350Nm of torque. (Rough figures)

I think its a project i will tackle in the coming years..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts