1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 diesel 4x2 sportage
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Great site.

I recently bought a 2008 sportage 4x2 diesel doing 62000km.
Please off any advise in terms of servicing and what to look out for.

I removed the plastics cover the engine and saw oil leaks on the injectors? Is that normal for this mileage or year? Also saw some around the fuel pump.

Another question has anyone blanked off their egr valve? Can it be done?
I asked because I did it on my Nissan frontier and it is working great.

Many thanks,
TM.

·
Registered
2005 Sportage CRDTi XS 4WD Auto, 2000 Alfa 166 V6
50 Posts
Hi TM,
I have a 2005 earlier version and no oil leaks on the engine or pump. Perhaps oil was spilled when refilling. Try cleaning the area and monitor.
I tried blanking off the EGR valve but his is detected by the engine cpu and brings up a warning light. With the aircon on all the time the EGR valve is I think disabled.

Rob

·
Registered
06 Sportage/2012 Navara V6 TD
305 Posts
I have a diesel Navara, and my ECU also detect a blanked EGR valve (i.e. the ECU is looking for flow through the valve). You could try blanking it, but then put a small hole in it. I don't know what your luck will be like though, as this did not work for me.

With respect to the oil aroubd the injectors, is it diesel or engine oil? If engine oil, is it clean or dirty? In any case, I would suggest it should not be there. Clean it up, then check again in a few days to see if it has returned. You may see where it is comming from if it does return.

·
Registered
2008 diesel 4x2 sportage
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your reply,

Will clean it up and see if its still oil, but it looks like oil.

I do not think I will mess with the EGR valve.

Do you all use any diesel treatment?

·
Registered
06 Sportage/2012 Navara V6 TD
305 Posts
I have not tried one yet, but a college of mine has a 2.5l Nissan Navara and he swears by it, saying no black smoke, better power and fuel economy. I have not done any research on the stuff, so can't really answer.

·
Registered
2008 diesel 4x2 sportage
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, I recently removed the plastic cover over the engine. Mines is the diesel.
I saw a plastic cap closed to the injectors, written open and closed. Does any one know what they are for?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 diesel 4x2 sportage
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello all, I am having some problems with the locking system. While driving the locks open then close, if parked and the driver door is open the locks on all the doors try to open constantly. Also the rear door and glass is not locking with the alarm fob. Any help by advise I'd appreciated.
Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts