Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
KIA Cee'd 1.6CRDI Premium
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am a 27 year old guy from Denmark (land with the highest car taxes) As of next Thursday i will become member of the Kia Cee'd family when i will get my new KIA Cee'd 1.6 CRDI 128BHP.
This is my first KIA, before i have had Golf, Corolla,, Citroen SAXO, Seat Altea, Citroen DS3.
I must admit that the new ceed really feels like a much more expensive car than others in it's class.

A KIA like mine that has the next highest e.q. level is 269.000DK which is $48.043 and that's before metallic paint, delivery e.g. so as you can see cars in Denmark are really expensive with our 180% car tax.

But we are used to it, and cars we need ;). Hope to have some good hours in here and be able to constribute with what i know.

Some pictures here:

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Nice looking car. A bit like the forthcoming 2014 Forte.

We don't see the C'eed in Australia, but the similar Hyundai i30 and KIA Cerato (Forte) are popular. A bargain at $20,000 to $30,000. Our larger cars are $40,000 to $60,000, while prestige cars are very expensive by comparison. e.g. M/B SLK 350 is $130,000 vs. $60,000 in the US. Our cars aren't heavily taxed, even for imports, but the market will obviously stand the inflated prices. Low volume and local compliance may also have something to do with it.

A car called Cee'd would not be popular in Australia; it would be punned to death. The Nissan Tiida was considered an amusing curiousity and has been replaced by the more dynamic-sounding Pulsar.

·
Registered
KIA Cee'd 1.6CRDI Premium
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice looking car. A bit like the forthcoming 2014 Forte.

We don't see the C'eed in Australia, but the similar Hyundai i30 and KIA Cerato (Forte) are popular. while prestige cars are very expensive by comparison. e.g. M/B SLK 350 is $130,000 vs. $60,000 in the US. [/B].
Well a SLK 350, starts at around $195,000 here, so same thing, ewenthough Germany is our nabour :(.

Sometimes i whish to that small cars would be laughed at here in Denmark so we could buy some bigger 4x4 are similar, and maybe get rid of the high taxation, but nope.

And yes it shares the same platform as the Forte, unfortunatly they don't sell the Forte i EU (Only in Russia for some reason), it a nice car though.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,960 Posts
eiken...
Welcome to kia-forums!
You have a nice looking CEED...
I wish we had them here in the USA
You got high taxes...With Obama we soon will have them also :)
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.