Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Yesterday my mechanic scanned a P0705 problem (transmission range circuit malfunction) but after consulted his laptop, to know where is located the problem, it said nothing about that. He tell me that probably Kia have changed the chart codes and ask me to go to the dealer to re-pass a scan and get the new code... is it possible?? :confused: I am very perplexed and don't have money to lost. (Now I suspect that he enter a O instead of a 0) lol.

thank you

(ps: and if you can tell me where is located the Transmission range sensor on a KIA RIO 2002 it can help me to help him :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
The trans range switch is on top of the tranny look for the selector cable it's hooked up to it. also check the fuse labeled meter 10 amp. Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ronjohn,

The tranny... :lol:

Can you tell me if the Transmission range sensor is the same thing (part) than the Transmission range switch? I am most a driver than a mechanic....

thank you

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Yep same thing just a different wat to say it but, the service book calls it the transaxle range switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep same thing just a different wat to say it but, the service book calls it the transaxle range switch.
OK.... so the TR Sensor, the TR switch and the Tranny range switch are 3 names of the same part... :rolleyes:

I'm starting to understand all I've seen on the subject. It is confusing when you don't know that.

Thank you so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts