Kia Forum banner

New Cee'd Sports Wagon on the way

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Losty 
#1 ·
Hi,

Just ordered a new 2013 Cee'd Sports Wagon in white.

Really wanted the top of range TX model with the better instrument panels, push start button etc but had to settle on the EX model due to finances.

On the TX model it has tinted /blacked out rear glass which in my opinion looks superb on the white model.

This was not an option on the EX model but for 300 EUR they can do this in the shop on delivery.

The Sales person assured me that it will look the same unless you look very close and see that its not on the outside of the glass. They said that it will be a professional job with no bubbles and is guaranteed for three years.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

#2 ·
First, congratulations on your soon new car :) Bet you will be just as happy for your new baby as I am.

I ordered my car from the factory with tinted windows as I wanted the dark glass (and it was the same price as a aftermarked job). But in hindsight I might wanted to go for a aftermarked solution because the factory tint isnt that dark. My wife think its just fine, but I wanted it to be alittle darker.

I have had aftermarked tint before, and it was just fine (except for one window where there was 2 lines that was sort of distorted - you only saw it when looking closely). The back window did get alittle scracth from a large table, so watch out if you're carrying large items.

Got some decent pictures here; Kia Ceed 1.6 GDI Premium, 2012 Oprindeligt havde vi bestilt ...

#3 ·
I think the factory tint looks great on your car. To get it from the factory you need to order the TX /3 car spec model. Its not an optional extra here in on a 1 or 2 here in Finland so its going to be fitted afterwards.

Very nice photo's of your car and at least I can now see what mine is going to look like with the stock wheels.

I'm contemplating on whether to pay the extra for the 17" wheels but they are mega expensive.

In Finland, the 17" sports rims come as standard on your spec'd car.

#4 ·
Stupid that you can't order it because of trim level (they sure know how to get peoples money). Same thing with my sunroof, it ended up in a different tax bracket after purchase (did get a refund of 500£ and some extra's thou). So if you want to buy the sunroof now you'll have to get the highest trim spec (spec 4, mine is a spec 3 model).

The 16" rims suit the car quite good, and are actually not that hard to clean, and trust me you will clean them alot - especially the rearwheels. They get all the dirt that the fronttires are throwing down the side. For summertime im getting some aftermarked 16" rims (since I got the original Hankook tires lying here). Yes, 17" or even 18 inch wheels look the part, but I won't go down on the comfort so ill stick with the 16".

(Better pictures will come when the sun decides to show itself :))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.