Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Six month old Ceed and yesterday the radio refused to switch on. I turned ignitin on and off several times but still no joy, not even anything showing on dashboard dislplay. Returned home, went out in the evening and all was well, works perfectly now. Anybody had the same experiece and what caused this temporary malfunction?

·
Registered
0858 Kia Pro_Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi, Red
191 Posts
I've got 58 plate Pro Ceed 3, and once or twice the buttons to change stations have stopped responding but it's been fine ever since, maybe it's a common problem that someone else can shed a bit more light on...

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
I think the radio unit is the weak point of the Ceed. When I bought my car new last year I finished up needing the radio replaced three times before I had one with no faults. The faults included no power to rear speakers, volume control would not work on front panel and lost programed stations. Perhaps that's why it's not given the full 7 year warranty! I hope the new Ceed has a better built unit fitted.
Apart from this I love my Ceed!

·
Banned
130 Posts
I find the radio on the New Ceed not very good and the rear suspension is very poor,It wobbles, jiggles, thumps & makes me feel slightly car sick, I am sorry I bought the car. The mistake I made was not driving the test drive over my usual routes as local dealer did not have the model I required.

·
Registered
2014 Cee'd 3 DCT petrol
75 Posts
My 2007 Ceed had developed a fault with radio switch. It often refuses to turn on. Then it refuses to switch off. So now I kept it always on and just set the volume to 0 when I want to switch off.

I have to book a slot with dealer.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
I've always found the "remove & replace audio fuse" solves most radio issues.
Not all, as some have said above the ceed radio units have been known to be troublesome, but it's worth a go if/when it stops working again.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
With ignition off and key removed, of course:

Open drivers door, side/end of dash board is a pull-off panel hiding the fuse box.

You'll see a 'map' on the inside of that panel detailing locations of each fuse, I think 'Audio' is middle column 5th from top.

It's held in the big yellow fuse puller on my car, so easy to just pull that out, wait 30-60 seconds and replace.

Good luck!

=== edit === (added photo above -LH drive obviously- and link below)
Fuses Kia ceed:: Kia ceed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts