Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am very pleased with the performance of my new auto Ceed 2. Coming from a 2.0 vcdi Chev Cruze auto 150 bhp, I expected to find a big drop off in performance and was going to consider a remap. However I find this is completely unnecessary, in fact the Ceed has a much faster getaway than the Cruze with No turbo lag although I note elsewhere Loyal Bear is complaining about turbo lag on a manual. The auto box is excellent with good manual control from the gear lever if required. I can not see the point of the paddles which I would never use . However the CEED needs considerable improvement, RIDE STEERING , INSTRUMENTS & the JACK are all not very good.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Great to hear some really good feedback Db, good to know the new powerplant and auto box are a winning combo, and you're happy with the performance.
What 'spec' pack did you get by the way? I can't recall sadly.

Yes we all know about your jacking points, clocks, etc - think you can stop mentioning them now ;)

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great to hear some really good feedback Db, good to know the new powerplant and auto box are a winning combo, and you're happy with the performance.
What 'spec' pack did you get by the way? I can't recall sadly.

Yes we all know about your jacking points, clocks, etc - think you can stop mentioning them now ;)

I have the CEED 2 , seems others have not heard about the Jack point problem and should be warned these lousy jack [positions could not be found in the dark without prior knowledge a really disgraceful situation that will damage your car when attempting to change a wheel.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have the CEED 2 , seems others have not heard about the Jack point problem and should be warned these lousy jack [positions could not be found in the dark without prior knowledge a really disgraceful situation that will damage your car when attempting to change a wheel.
Looks like there is a jacking point problem with the new Ceed then.:eek:

But Disbeliever has not written that the damage was caused because he (or friend) did not read the manual before using the jack. You should always read the manual and work carefully. He was lucky that the damage was only to the car, people have been injured when jacks have been incorrectly used.

Seems strange that only one Ceed owner has ever commented about this.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Another totally amazed forum member, surprised no one has mentioned this before.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another totally amazed forum member, surprised no one has mentioned this before.

I am told not many punctures occur these days especially with new cars and that I was unlucky. I wonder how many new car owners bother to inspect the jack & its required inserts or lift positions until it is needed ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am told not many punctures occur these days especially with new cars and that I was unlucky. I wonder how many new car owners bother to inspect the jack & its required inserts or lift positions until it is needed ?
If you are gullible enough to believe then how come you call yourself Disbeliever. Punctures can happen anywhere at any time and it makes no difference if its a new car or an old car. Regardless of that you should read the handbook before carrying out any work. I avoids expensive accidents.

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
I have a suspicion that Disbeliever is a keen angler. Reading the forum I see the same usual members rise to his jacking bait time after time. The jack location points on the ceed are a bit tricky to find. But it’s the same on so many cars. Designers just fail to imagine some old person trying to change a wheel in the dark. Come on gents, he has a point, and he continues to hang your hat on it as long as you take notice.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
Change the record Disbeliever, its getting extremely tedious now and frankly, no one on here cares!

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
If you are gullible enough to believe then how come you call yourself Disbeliever. Punctures can happen anywhere at any time and it makes no difference if its a new car or an old car.
Not quite true depends what you mean by old and new. Cars from the 50s, 60s and early 70s had cross ply tyres rather than radials that were not steel reinforced, used lower pressures and were more likely to be punctured. I suspect its this era that Disbeliver is referring to.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not quite true depends what you mean by old and new. Cars from the 50s, 60s and early 70s had cross ply tyres rather than radials that were not steel reinforced, used lower pressures and were more likely to be punctured.
Its true that tyre were cross ply years ago but when I used them I cannot say I had regular punctures. Early radials were not steel reinforced and steel reinforcement does not stop punctures.

A nail is a nail and a piece of glass is a pice of glass, if you are unlucky enough to hit one correctly you will get a puncture regardless of the type of tyre.

Add to that my first car had very narrow tyres compared to todays tyres, surely the wider the tyre statistically means more chance of a puncture, you have more tread on the road after all.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
People buying rip-off priced cars need to be warned about the deficiencies , I wish someone had warned me, furthermore all cars should come with high viz jacket & a red warning triangle. and a space saver wheel fortunately Kia has one, I would not buy a car without .If my friend had been unable to change the wheel it is very unlikely that rescue services would have reached me in time to catch the flight furthermore I did not know my exact location. As for Ceed 3 & AyJay get knotted.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
Gosh, personally insulted by Disbeliever. Will take that as a compliment.
Looks like we are in an exclusive club! :D

I wonder when the mods will actually do something about his tedious, repetitive moans and thead hijacks????

1 - 20 of 25 Posts