Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SI 1.6L Auto
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I live in Brisbane Australia and brought a 2012 Kia Rio SI Auto Demonstrator with 2400kms on the clock and I would like to buy something that can reproduce the new car smell or something close to it.

I have looked in Supercheap Auto etc but there new car fragrances smell nothing like it.

Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks

Kiwalian:)

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
"New Car Smell" is due to toxic organics from curing plastics and adhesives. I've seen products advertised that are supposed to mimic this, but regarded the idea as a bit silly because you really wouldn't want to breathe that stuff.

I recall that our KIA was relatively free of "new Car Smell", but maybe my age has produced olfactory fatique.

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
"New Car Smell" is due to toxic organics from curing plastics and adhesives. I've seen products advertised that are supposed to mimic this, but regarded the idea as a bit silly because you really wouldn't want to breathe that stuff.

I recall that our KIA was relatively free of "new Car Smell", but maybe my age has produced olfactory fatique.
Interesting - Both my brand new 2010 KIA Soul and my 2013 KIA RIO were completely free of the "New Car Smell". It took my sons Ford Fiesta over 10 months to lose the aroma! I totally agree with you Dr Bob - nasty organics...

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Interesting - Both my brand new 2010 KIA Soul and my 2013 KIA RIO were completely free of the "New Car Smell". It took my sons Ford Fiesta over 10 months to lose the aroma! I totally agree with you Dr Bob - nasty organics...
Ya I was going to say the same thing. The new car smell is actually not desirable from a health perspective. Unless the fake new car smell is totally safe - which I would doubt - I would give it a pass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts