Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I was planning on replacing my original car seat cover with a new one. I was wandering around the internet trying to find tutorials on how to remove the original car seat cover but can't seem to stumble on anything. Has anyone done this or know how to? :confused:

(I have a 2012 kia rio)

·
Registered
2012 Rio SX Hatch
391 Posts
Hi! I was planning on replacing my original car seat cover with a new one. I was wandering around the internet trying to find tutorials on how to remove the original car seat cover but can't seem to stumble on anything. Has anyone done this or know how to? :confused:

(I have a 2012 kia rio)
previous thread on this... i believe consensus was that it is dangerous to do due to airbags needing to deploy from the front seats... if the cover isn't specifically made for the car, the airbags won't deploy, leaving you less safe...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
previous thread on this... i believe consensus was that it is dangerous to do due to airbags needing to deploy from the front seats... if the cover isn't specifically made for the car, the airbags won't deploy, leaving you less safe...
I don't mean buying a different brand, I mean replacing it with one just like it.. I'd order the part from kia. If that makes more sense.. :D

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Alrighty. Here's what i can contribute.

When at the parts counter, get the # and $ for the parts. Ask to check local inventory first before ordering. Seat skin is considered trim and have to be paid by the dealer and then sold to the customer ordering. If the deal does not occur for whatever reason, the dealer is stuck with $ on a shelf forever.

So find a dealer with seat skin on a shelf. He'll take an offer for a lot less just to get some $ back.

When working with airbags, be sure to deplete the energy in your electrical system first before unhooking your seat harness or k'pow will be the last thing you hear.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Could I just unplug the cables that are under the seat? I'm not sure what you mean by depleting the energy in my electrical system... :)

Or unhooking the battery and waiting like.. 20 minutes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts