Kia Forum banner
221 - 240 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SX-Prestige AWD
8 Posts
I ordered on 01/18 from Kia of Muncie in Indiana. I just got email last week saying that my order was picked up by Kia and ETA is 07/10
My car was delivered on 06/28 to the dealer. It took roughly 5 months and 10 days from order to delivery

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento PHEV SX Prestige
9 Posts
The dealership has no updates on my PHEV that I ordered in January. I’m also thankfully not in a rush for a car, but if the 23s are out before my 22 gets here, hopefully it can be switched!

·
Registered
'22 Sorento SX-P, X-Line 2.5t, Wolf Gray
246 Posts
The dealership has no updates on my PHEV that I ordered in January. I’m also thankfully not in a rush for a car, but if the 23s are out before my 22 gets here, hopefully it can be switched!
It is my understanding from sales reps at dealers that if they do not have a vin for you by the time the 23s come out, you will probably be switched to a '23.

Reactions: Sparklander

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is my understanding from sales reps at dealers that if they do not have a vin for you by the time the 23s come out, you will probably be switched to a '23.
I just have this feeling that 23 PHEVs will be able to come in wolf gray and the new screens that the telluride and sportage just got. I could be completely wrong, but it’s what I’m rooting for.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just have this feeling that 23 PHEVs will be able to come in wolf gray and the new screens that the telluride and sportage just got. I could be completely wrong, but it’s what I’m rooting for.
Re the wolf gray - for some unexplained reason. this must be a limitation on KIAs made in Korea, as that is the only thing that makes sense. (It is not just the exterior paint but also interior leathers that are limited.) Having said that and knowing wolf gray has been available for West Point KIAs for two years now, I doubt that color will be available for the '23 PHEV either.

Re "new screens", can you be more specific? When I was still in the market for a Telluride, I don't remember new screens beyond what I am getting now with my '22 Sorento.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re the wolf gray - for some unexplained reason. this must be a limitation on KIAs made in Korea, as that is the only thing that makes sense. (It is not just the exterior paint but also interior leathers that are limited.) Having said that and knowing wolf gray has been available for West Point KIAs for two years now, I doubt that color will be available for the '23 PHEV either.

Re "new screens", can you be more specific? When I was still in the market for a Telluride, I don't remember new screens beyond what I am getting now with my '22 Sorento.
Oh I know all about the leather issue. I absolutely hate the “gray” and navy options that are only available on the prestige. I want nothing more than the black interior, but not enough to downgrade to just the SX.
The 23 Sportage and 23 Telluride have a kind of panoramic screen. It’s not a huge thing, but I like the flow and aesthetic of it.
Vehicle Light Car Automotive design Personal luxury car

·
Registered
246 Posts
Oh I know all about the leather issue. I absolutely hate the “gray” and navy options that are only available on the prestige. I want nothing more than the black interior, but not enough to downgrade to just the SX.
The 23 Sportage and 23 Telluride have a kind of panoramic screen. It’s not a huge thing, but I like the flow and aesthetic of it. View attachment 124798
Ah yes, the screen size. It goes from a little over 10" high to 12". I wanted that also, but for me anyway, now that I have my Sorento, I don't miss the extra 2" one bit.

The one thing that I would kill for, and comes on the '22 Tellurides and on foreign Sorentos - is HUD. I test drove a Telluride and man do I love that feature! KIA should be lined up against a wall (without a blindfold) and shot for taking that away from the US market.

Reactions: Sparklander

·
Registered
Ordered '22 Sorento PHEV
60 Posts
Checked in with my dealer, on my order (mid-February placed). Still no movement. But I also asked about when they assembly lines will stop and they start producing the 2023 model year. I was told that was going to happen in the "next few weeks" (makes sense, August is typical), and that my build will likely be a 2023.

This starts a whole different discussion of course. We don't yet know the details, specs, or pricing of the 2023, but I feel pretty sure the price will be higher in any case. I am hoping maybe that Kia will do what Ford did on their Mach-E when they had a bunch of pending 2021 orders when they started building 2022's. They honored original pricing for those 2021 orders via Price Protection. But that Mach-E transition didn't involve a whole lot of changes - a little extra usable battery capacity, a few small mechanical things under the hood, nothing significant - whereas it sounds like the 2023 Sorento might have more substantial changes vs 2022.

The 2023 official information release and opening of orders is supposedly coming soon. Once it does, I'll probably request to proactively move my order to a 2023 (unless mine suddenly goes to production before then), and then the battle over pricing will start. Ugh.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve been waiting since January and at this point I feel like I’d rather wait longer and get the 23 than get the 22 maybe a month or two before the new one.

·
Registered
Ordered '22 Sorento PHEV
60 Posts
Checked in with my dealer, on my order (mid-February placed). Still no movement. But I also asked about when they assembly lines will stop and they start producing the 2023 model year. I was told that was going to happen in the "next few weeks" (makes sense, August is typical), and that my build will likely be a 2023.

This starts a whole different discussion of course. We don't yet know the details, specs, or pricing of the 2023, but I feel pretty sure the price will be higher in any case. I am hoping maybe that Kia will do what Ford did on their Mach-E when they had a bunch of pending 2021 orders when they started building 2022's. They honored original pricing for those 2021 orders via Price Protection. But that Mach-E transition didn't involve a whole lot of changes - a little extra usable battery capacity, a few small mechanical things under the hood, nothing significant - whereas it sounds like the 2023 Sorento might have more substantial changes vs 2022.

The 2023 official information release and opening of orders is supposedly coming soon. Once it does, I'll probably request to proactively move my order to a 2023 (unless mine suddenly goes to production before then), and then the battle over pricing will start. Ugh.
Small update: Dealer says if the order does not get into the 2022 model year, they will automatically roll it into 2023.

No word yet on how that might or might not effect pricing, but at least I won't have to place an all-new order.

·
Registered
21 Posts
HUGE NEWS!!! after SEVEN MONTHS! YUP 7 MONTHS of waiting my 2022 Sorento Plug in Hybrid SX-Prestige is HERE!!!! We ordered the Sorento on December 4th, 2021! I had NO idea it was here! So here's the story: After making a $500 deposit on this order we were told as soon as the vin number was assigned our sales rep would give us a call...well that NEVER happened! In fact this car took SO long to get here that our original sales rep doesn't even work there anymore!

Anyways, as the months went on we tried calling the dealer and visiting nearly every weekend.. then we called Kia directly and they said they had no idea when our car would come... THEN I tried looking online and found THIS forum and realized I wasn't the only one in this situation. As time went on we started looking for other cars, I put in an order for a Tesla Model 3 on May 14th and the freaking car was assigned a vin, built, and delivered to the Tesla store A MONTH LATER on June 20th. Unfortunately I was on vacation in florida so Tesla just gave away my Model 3 to the next person in line and put me on the waiting list for the next build which is estimated from August 25th to September 29th.

Fast Forward to TODAY...start out by going to a Mercedes Benz dealer because my dad wanted a Mercedes Benz GLC...they had about 8 of them on the lot, test drove one at around 4:15 pm and was told to be back before 5 pm because thats when they close....drove the Benz for about 5 minutes and quickly realized it was TOO small and under powered and OVER priced. It was my idea to go check our Kia dealership and my dad said he wanted to get our deposit back.

We raced to the Kia dealer with 5 minutes to spare, my dad stood outside the general manager's office at Kia of Beavercreek with both of his hands up in the air saying "any news on my car?!" and he goes "yeah it's in the back, didn't the sales rep call you?" We said uhhhhh no? We honestly thought he was JOKING... he said "yeah it just came off the truck THREE HOURS AGO" We STILL thought he was joking... again, remember, we NEVER got a call about our VIN so there was no chance our car could be here. So he calls our sales rep over and he says they were so busy today that they had no time to call us. He walks us over to the service bay and THERE IT WAS in all her glory. It was plugged in charging to the 110 outlet and it was COVERED in plastic including the wheels. It looked perfect and the total MSRP came to around $50,177 or something. We were unable to pick up the car today because they had to have the mechanics check it and prep it for delivery. We will pick it up Monday!!!

side note: I checked a dealer website in atlanta georgia randomly and they were selling this exact same car for $65,800!!! That's over $15k which is insane.

More photos to come..
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Grille

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid EX
145 Posts
HUGE NEWS!!! after SEVEN MONTHS! YUP 7 MONTHS of waiting my 2022 Sorento Plug in Hybrid SX-Prestige is HERE!!!! We ordered the Sorento on December 4th, 2021! I had NO idea it was here! So here's the story: After making a $500 deposit on this order we were told as soon as the vin number was assigned our sales rep would give us a call...well that NEVER happened! In fact this car took SO long to get here that our original sales rep doesn't even work there anymore!

Anyways, as the months went on we tried calling the dealer and visiting nearly every weekend.. then we called Kia directly and they said they had no idea when our car would come... THEN I tried looking online and found THIS forum and realized I wasn't the only one in this situation. As time went on we started looking for other cars, I put in an order for a Tesla Model 3 on May 14th and the freaking car was assigned a vin, built, and delivered to the Tesla store A MONTH LATER on June 20th. Unfortunately I was on vacation in florida so Tesla just gave away my Model 3 to the next person in line and put me on the waiting list for the next build which is estimated from August 25th to September 29th.

Fast Forward to TODAY...start out by going to a Mercedes Benz dealer because my dad wanted a Mercedes Benz GLC...they had about 8 of them on the lot, test drove one at around 4:15 pm and was told to be back before 5 pm because thats when they close....drove the Benz for about 5 minutes and quickly realized it was TOO small and under powered and OVER priced. It was my idea to go check our Kia dealership and my dad said he wanted to get our deposit back.

We raced to the Kia dealer with 5 minutes to spare, my dad stood outside the general manager's office at Kia of Beavercreek with both of his hands up in the air saying "any news on my car?!" and he goes "yeah it's in the back, didn't the sales rep call you?" We said uhhhhh no? We honestly thought he was JOKING... he said "yeah it just came off the truck THREE HOURS AGO" We STILL thought he was joking... again, remember, we NEVER got a call about our VIN so there was no chance our car could be here. So he calls our sales rep over and he says they were so busy today that they had no time to call us. He walks us over to the service bay and THERE IT WAS in all her glory. It was plugged in charging to the 110 outlet and it was COVERED in plastic including the wheels. It looked perfect and the total MSRP came to around $50,177 or something. We were unable to pick up the car today because they had to have the mechanics check it and prep it for delivery. We will pick it up Monday!!!

side note: I checked a dealer website in atlanta georgia randomly and they were selling this exact same car for $65,800!!! That's over $15k which is insane.

More photos to come.. View attachment 125012
That's a great story. Your Kia dealer sounds just like our two Kia dealers. Always promising an update and never calling or emailing with an update. Our Sportage was to arrive today, but crickets from the Kia dealer. Not really sure how they stay in business with high markups and below average customer service.

·
Registered
Ordered 2023 Sorento PHEV EX+
6 Posts
I ordered Sorrento phev ex+ last week.. ETA is 15 months..

While we do factory order... Can we request for bench seat instead of caption seat for 2nd row?

·
Registered
246 Posts

While we do factory order... Can we request for bench seat instead of caption seat for 2nd row?
I know one thing - such a request has to be done asap (even if the predicted lead time is 15 months) as once they submit the order, it can't be changed. You need to contact your dealer like pronto.

Reactions: Srvnraj

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid EX
145 Posts

You won't be able to get a bench seat unless Kia changes the configuration for the 2023 Sorento PHEV to include that option, then maybe.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento PHEV on order 1/14/22
104 Posts

I thought Canada stopped taken orders for the PHEV and HV. Did they recently open them back up?

·
Registered
Ordered 2023 Sorento PHEV EX+
6 Posts
I tried for Outlander phev.. They stopped booking for 2022 not sure when they vl open for 2023...
For Sorrento I tried for booking 2023.. But they said not taking for 2023 as its not yet released.. But booked for 2022 which is expected delivery is next year... Automatically order vl be changed from 2022 to 2023..

·
Registered
21 Posts
HORRIBLE NEWS... Kia of Beavercreek Ohio is now REFUSING to sell us the Sorento we ordered and was delivered! They are threatening us that we have to trade in our current car. We never agreed to that! we made the $500 deposit and were told we would pay MSRP for the car.... now they're saying we have to trade in our current car! He threatened us and said "I can sell this car to someone else and make more money"!! this is absolutely DIGUSTING. If i were you i'd cancel your orders now so you don't have to go through what we went through.

·
Registered
Ordered '22 Sorento PHEV
60 Posts
HORRIBLE NEWS... Kia of Beavercreek Ohio is now REFUSING to sell us the Sorento we ordered and was delivered! They are threatening us that we have to trade in our current car. We never agreed to that! we made the $500 deposit and were told we would pay MSRP for the car.... now they're saying we have to trade in our current car! He threatened us and said "I can sell this car to someone else and make more money"!! this is absolutely DIGUSTING. If i were you i'd cancel your orders now so you don't have to go through what we went through.
Oh wow, that is terrible. I just looked and that dealer actually has pretty high ratings on Dealer Rater, so this seems surprising (and worrying for the rest of us too). They will only sell you the car if you trade in with them? Do you have an invoice from them, or some other document showing the deposit and amount to pay? If so, I would call Kia Corporate pronto. That is just awful.

·
Registered
246 Posts
When I put down deposits at two different dealers, I got documentation from them outlining the agreement. NOWHERE did it state the deal was contingent on trading in my vehicle to them. I am guessing you received some type of documentation? Read over the fine print. If I am right, then take that documentation and have a sit-down with the sales manager. Be tactful at first, but if things continue to go sideways, threaten legal action against them if they don't honor the agreement.

• Sad
Reactions: DonMunaweera
221 - 240 of 255 Posts