Kia Forum banner
201 - 220 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sorento PHEV on order 1/14/22
104 Posts
anyone get their Sorento yet??

Sadly no. Can't even get any info other than not scheduled for build yet. I got a lead on 2 that are supposed to be coming in tomorrow at a dealer 5 hours from me. Waiting on specs to see if they are close to what I ordered.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SX-Prestige AWD
8 Posts
I ordered on 01/18 from Kia of Muncie in Indiana. I just got email last week saying that my order was picked up by Kia and ETA is 07/10

·
Registered
Ordered '22 Sorento PHEV
60 Posts
I ordered on 01/18 from Kia of Muncie in Indiana. I just got email last week saying that my order was picked up by Kia and ETA is 07/10
not a high volume dealer, but they're highly recommended on the Telluride forums. MSRP and no bs kind of dealer.
The above is reasurring. I ordered about a month after you, from a dealer in the Midwest that probably isn't high-volume (Boucher Kia in Racine, WI). So hopefully if you are in July, I'll be in August, which would be 6 months after order and I can lie with that.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento sx phev
27 Posts
I put a deposit at Sweeney back in first part of April. As of 2 weeks ago, they said 18 people are ahead of me. What the heck’s they mean? Surely there aren’t 18 orders that are 100% what I ordered?
18 people at that dealership ordered before you and are waiting.
In saying that if none of them have your configuration and somebody backs out in your region you could essentially get it before those 18 people. I would assume they would ask those people if they would accept a different configuration, but I am just guessing on that. While logical, I have found lately logic is often trumped by money with dealers and vehicles. It comes from the dealership model that is rapidly changing and those holding onto the old way suffering the most.

·
Registered
Ordered '22 Sorento PHEV
60 Posts
Multiple times... they keep saying I'm "next on the list"....ridiculous
Did you make a deposit? Is there a signed invoice with agreed upon details? And did you confirm (through Kia, or dealer sending you a printout) that Kia has the order? I ask because "next on the list" sounds fishy to me. There should be such thing as "next on the list", really. Did you contact Kia corporate to check on status?

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sorento Prestige PHEV
15 Posts
If you decide to pull the plug on the Sorento, what would you look at? I haven't seen anything that compares to it especially in it's price range.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento sx phev
27 Posts
Same boat, crickets from my dealer, should not have to reach out to corporate for an update. On a list to order a 2023 outlander phev, suppose to be going in the next month, arrive they say october. If that order goes through, the kia dealer is next door and I ask for my deposit back. On the mitsubishi list I have received more communication in 3 weeks then since Nov 2 from the kia dealer. We are the customers, they should be communicating with us.

The outlander back seat and space behind is the biggest draw against, larger batteries, electric motors, heat pump and front massage seats are why i went with them along with the time frame.

·
Registered
Ordered '22 Sorento PHEV
60 Posts
Same boat, crickets from my dealer, should not have to reach out to corporate for an update. On a list to order a 2023 outlander phev, suppose to be going in the next month, arrive they say october. If that order goes through, the kia dealer is next door and I ask for my deposit back. On the mitsubishi list I have received more communication in 3 weeks then since Nov 2 from the kia dealer. We are the customers, they should be communicating with us.

The outlander back seat and space behind is the biggest draw against, larger batteries, electric motors, heat pump and front massage seats are why i went with them along with the time frame.
Massage seats in a car? I didn't even know that was a thing.

Kia doesn't communicate well on ordered vehicles. Seems clear they just didn't have a system in place to keep track of status for customers when suddenly everyone was having to wait for an order. Ford and others were more ready or more quick to adapt on that front.

In the end, you will end up waiting for a bunch of months for a PHEV or EV car from basically anyone right now. I wouldn't trust Mitsu's estimates of delivery to be any more accurate than those from Kia. So I will wait it out for mine (Feb order), or alternately (if this continues in say August), start contacting dealers with vehicles listed on cars.com on a daily basis until I can grab one. I chose the Sorento PHEV because it was the car I wanted. I don't get the idea of getting a car I want less, on the slim chance it might (or might not) be delivered sooner.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento PHEV on order 1/14/22
104 Posts
Multiple times... they keep saying I'm "next on the list"....ridiculous

We are in the same boat as you. Placed order in January. At this point we are considering going with something else. Luckily we are not in a position that we have to have something right now. So we do have time to wait it out but the dealer experience is really killing it.

201 - 220 of 255 Posts