Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento sx 2022
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I’m from Montreal. I order a Sorento two weeks ago from KIA Vimont in Laval. At first, I was planning to order it in December to get it for spring. I wanted to order the SX Gravity gray with burgundy leather seats. While I was negotiating, the rep told me that he has a SX wolf gray on its way. Therefore, I would get it in two or three weeks. Since I like the wolf grey and I was interested to get it before spring, I accepted his offer. When I meet the financial director, I was surprised to learn that the didn’t have the VIN yet. Is this normal for a car that is supposed to be in transit? They still doesn’t have the VIN after more than two weeks. I hope I won’t have to wait 12 weeks because I would have pick the gravity gray with burgundy leather. I also took the itch option. The ask 1500$ for it. It seems overpriced. Am I wrong?
Happy new year!

·
Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SXP Aruba Green/Rust
98 Posts
Hi all, ordered through a dealership in Texas in early December, they quoted a 6-month wait time. Is that what people have been seeing real world, or was there a bit of under-promise/over-deliver going on? Thanks, and looking forward to (eventually) enjoying my X-Line SXP 👍

·
Registered
Spicy Red 2012 Optima SX + GWP 2022 Sorento X-Line SX-Prestige AWD
48 Posts
Mine (2022) literally rolled off the truck the hour we went to take a look at them and drive a 2021 model. Was super lucky.
I can see why there is a wait! Well worth it IMHO. Good luck on yours. I'd suspect you will see it sooner than 6 months.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mine (2022) literally rolled off the truck the hour we went to take a look at them and drive a 2021 model. Was super lucky.
I can see why there is a wait! Well worth it IMHO. Good luck on yours. I'd suspect you will see it sooner than 6 months.
Nice luck there! There's stock available locally but they were trying to get around +$10k over MSRP. I got a recommendation for a dealership a few hours away that was taking orders at MSRP, and since I'm not in a huge rush, it worked out perfectly.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ordered mine on October 7th from a local dealer not charging over MSRP, and I picked it up on Black Friday. First time KIA owner and very happy so far!
Cool, that'd be a nice surprise if 6 months turns into <2 months. What timeframe did your dealer quote you?

Reactions: HybridPaul

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX Prestige X-Line
3 Posts
Cool, that'd be a nice surprise if 6 months turns into <2 months. What timeframe did your dealer quote you?
Yes, I was very surprised because he said we were looking at January-February time frame, so about 3-4 months. My trade-in, a 2019 Ford Edge was going to be out of warranty in March, so very happy it came in early :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wish we could not have these threads posted every other couple of weeks.
I searched for multiple relevant terms and skimmed topic headlines going back over two months without seeing a thread I could jump on to ask, my bad if I missed it but 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, you need to start a new thread like you did, because the older versions of the same question is irrelevant and we need to know what people are experiencing now. I as well, ordered in early Dec. and I am very interested in what others have to say now, not what somebody experienced 3 months ago.
Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Lincoln Navigator, 2022 Kia Sedona PHEV SX-P (coming)
3 Posts
Yes, I was very surprised because he said we were looking at January-February time frame, so about 3-4 months. My trade-in, a 2019 Ford Edge was going to be out of warranty in March, so very happy it came in early :)
I ordered a PHEV the week of Christmas, and I was told it would likely be in some time in April. The PHEVs are made in Korea, though, so I would expect a longer lead time.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento PHEV on order 1/14/22
109 Posts
Was quoted 9 to 12 weeks recently on a PHEV, but they added to not to be surprised if it is closer to 16 weeks.

·
Registered
22 Sorento SX Pres XLine Wolf Grey
12 Posts
@patrick49 Thanks for starting the Thread. @kastone2015 thanks for giving specifics and on when you got yours and the great photo. Hopefully more folks with post that have place orders and have gotten their cars so we can compare dates.

I'm in the Houston Area and I ordered a 2022 SX Prestige on Jan17 (at MSRP with a few dealers add on accessories but NO flat out markup like the other guys were doing) and the gave an estimate of 9-12 weeks. They asked for a refundable $1000 deposit that they said guaranteed me the vehicle and by doing so, they could also intercept earlier orders placed by other dealers in the US that matched my order that was not being held by a customer deposit. We'll see.

I currently have a 2014 that I love and that's why I'm getting a new one.

Something I found on a Telluride Forum on Reddit was a link to some people who have access to KIA USA telluride orders and show everything being ordered and by each dealership so you can find your order. It shows Window stickers too. I know that does not help us but was really cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
@patrick49 Thanks for starting the Thread. @kastone2015 thanks for giving specifics and on when you got yours and the great photo. Hopefully more folks with post that have place orders and have gotten their cars so we can compare dates.

I'm in the Houston Area and I ordered a 2022 SX Prestige on Jan17 (at MSRP with a few dealers add on accessories but NO flat out markup like the other guys were doing) and the gave an estimate of 9-12 weeks. They asked for a refundable $1000 deposit that they said guaranteed me the vehicle and by doing so, they could also intercept earlier orders placed by other dealers in the US that matched my order that was not being held by a customer deposit. We'll see.

I currently have a 2014 that I love and that's why I'm getting a new one.

Something I found on a Telluride Forum on Reddit was a link to some people who have access to KIA USA telluride orders and show everything being ordered and by each dealership so you can find your order. It shows Window stickers too. I know that does not help us but was really cool.
Which dealership did you go through? Fort Bend Kia in Rosenberg put my order in at MSRP with a $500 refundable deposit, no markups or other dealer installed nonsense. Going to be driving in from Austin to pick it up whenever it comes in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
@patrick49 Wish I had found this forum sooner since you got a better deal with no extras. Most Dealers were adding a flat $5000 to the MSRP and putting $1500-3000 of their junk on the vehicles.

Community Kia in Baytown is where I ordered from. Fort Bend never emailed me back after I inquired about a specific model. They kept giving me automated emails and emailing about used models as well so I stopped pursuing them. Community was the only one of about 5 local dealers that I communicated with that even offered to order a vehicle and finding out they did not have what I wanted. Persistence I guess.

Do you think FortBend would have had add on's if the vehicle was already in stock?

·
Registered
98 Posts
@patrick49 Wish I had found this forum sooner since you got a better deal with no extras. Most Dealers were adding a flat $5000 to the MSRP and putting $1500-3000 of their junk on the vehicles.

Community Kia in Baytown is where I ordered from. Fort Bend never emailed me back after I inquired about a specific model. They kept giving me automated emails and emailing about used models as well so I stopped pursuing them. Community was the only one of about 5 local dealers that I communicated with that even offered to order a vehicle and finding out they did not have what I wanted. Persistence I guess.

Do you think FortBend would have had add on's if the vehicle was already in stock?
Glad you're getting the car you want at least, and you'll have a nice $1k start on the down payment. All the dealerships around here are $8-10k market adjustment for anything on the lot. None of them that I called offered to make an order, at MSRP or otherwise. I've seen some dealership employees explain why this stuff is justifiable from their end right now and I guess I get it, but that's not what I'm willing to spend.

I'm curious about the 6-9 week timeframe they quoted you, were you able to select your options aside from the trim? Or did they just guarantee you a vehicle from their future allocation?

The salesman I worked with seemed pretty sure of the longer 6-month timeframe for my order. He just asked me to use the Kia site to build it exactly how I would want it, including options (nothing except the Rust interior, I'll find floormats etc. online), and screenshot that so the dealership could make the order. I asked specifically about any other dealer fees or services that I wouldn't want (paint protection, VIN etching, etc.), and he said that there's none of that. I'm not sure if they do it for on-lot stock, the site doesn't mention anything like that and he had mentioned that all the Sorentos on the website's inventory were already spoken for. FWIW, I also asked not to drill for the front plate bracket (no problem) and to not put any dealership emblems on it (they don't put them on any of their cars).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad you're getting the car you want at least, and you'll have a nice $1k start on the down payment. All the dealerships around here are $8-10k market adjustment for anything on the lot. None of them that I called offered to make an order, at MSRP or otherwise. I've seen some dealership employees explain why this stuff is justifiable from their end right now and I guess I get it, but that's not what I'm willing to spend.

I'm curious about the 6-9 week timeframe they quoted you, were you able to select your options aside from the trim? Or did they just guarantee you a vehicle from their future allocation?

The salesman I worked with seemed pretty sure of the longer 6-month timeframe for my order. He just asked me to use the Kia site to build it exactly how I would want it, including options (nothing except the Rust interior, I'll find floormats etc. online), and screenshot that so the dealership could make the order. I asked specifically about any other dealer fees or services that I wouldn't want (paint protection, VIN etching, etc.), and he said that there's none of that. I'm not sure if they do it for on-lot stock, the site doesn't mention anything like that and he had mentioned that all the Sorentos on the website's inventory were already spoken for. FWIW, I also asked not to drill for the front plate bracket (no problem) and to not put any dealership emblems on it (they don't put them on any of their cars).
So I got to specify exactly what I wanted:
22 SX Prestige, Wolf Grey/Black (I love the Rust seats your getting but I didn't want to pay for XLINE)
- Factory options: Floor mats, Trifold Cargo Mat (Could not find a tri-fold online)

The sales guy disappears for about 20 minutes and came with an "order slip" with minimal info.
22 Sorento, Gray, Selling Price, Gov Doc Fees, Add-ons, Taxes, Drive out Cost. That was it. I expected something like a window sticker detail.

- Dealer: wheel locks, tint, door guards and cups - not negotiable but much better than the others wanting and extra $5000 for nothing plus their junk add-ons. As long as the used Car Market is still out of wack when I do this deal I'm all good. Car Max Offered me the crazy Kelly Blue Book amount for my '14 so I feel that will balance the MSRP plus extras.

Oh, the same dealer had 2021 Prestige on the lot with 6K miles for about $2000 more than mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad you're getting the car you want at least, and you'll have a nice $1k start on the down payment. All the dealerships around here are $8-10k market adjustment for anything on the lot.
Sorry for the multiple replies, but checked out FtB Kia online and they showed like 4 Sorento Prestiges and 14 Tellurides "in stock". After considering the dealers add-ons, the Telluride would be about break even in cost Sorento Prestige == Telluride SX, but the back up on Telluride is officially 9 mo. Actual is 6-7 mo and he said the August customers are the ones getting those 14 Tellurides.

Sorento Info: They have one Red SXPrestige equipped like I want but Red was not a color I wanted. If it was Sangria/Burgandy, I would be in my driveway right now. Luis, the guy at Ft.B was great on the Phone and shared all. He's much more optimistic with the Sorentos and says they have to say 6mo, but 3 is what he is seeing. Everything through Feb is spoken for even for orders the dealers made without customers but late March is looking good. He definitely said to get the $500 down and then see what comes up. Same story he told you about building online and calling him wit the order. So hopefully you will see something by March.

·
Registered
98 Posts
After considering the dealers add-ons, the Telluride would be about break even in cost Sorento Prestige == Telluride SX, but the back up on Telluride is officially 9 mo. Actual is 6-7 mo and he said the August customers are the ones getting those 14 Tellurides.

Sorento Info: He's much more optimistic with the Sorentos and says they have to say 6mo, but 3 is what he is seeing.
I thought about the Telluride, but I just don't want the extra size, and SX Prestige Nightfall with AWD comes in a little under $50k, about $5500 more than the Sorento. Would totally be worth it if I wanted/needed that much vehicle, but as of now I don't. Good to hear about March on the Sorentos though.

Did you put an order in with Fort Bend too to see which one comes in first?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I thought about the Telluride, but I just don't want the extra size, and SX Prestige Nightfall with AWD comes in a little under $50k, about $5500 more than the Sorento. Would totally be worth it if I wanted/needed that much vehicle, but as of now I don't. Good to hear about March on the Sorentos though.

Did you put an order in with Fort Bend too to see which one comes in first?
Yes, I think I will. I may even cancel the other one since it has only been 1 week and if FtB has no add on's then it's worth the savings. Plus, maybe first order will go back to the pool of paying customer (my new identical order).
Yeah, the size of the Sorento is just right and better gas mileage than the Telluride.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts