Kia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, ordered through a dealership in Texas in early December, they quoted a 6-month wait time. Is that what people have been seeing real world, or was there a bit of under-promise/over-deliver going on? Thanks, and looking forward to (eventually) enjoying my X-Line SXP 馃憤

Registered
Spicy Red 2012 Optima SX + GWP 2022 Sorento X-Line SX-Prestige AWD
Mine (2022) literally rolled off the truck the hour we went to take a look at them and drive a 2021 model. Was super lucky.
I can see why there is a wait! Well worth it IMHO. Good luck on yours. I'd suspect you will see it sooner than 6 months.

Registered
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine (2022) literally rolled off the truck the hour we went to take a look at them and drive a 2021 model. Was super lucky.
I can see why there is a wait! Well worth it IMHO. Good luck on yours. I'd suspect you will see it sooner than 6 months.
Nice luck there! There's stock available locally but they were trying to get around +$10k over MSRP. I got a recommendation for a dealership a few hours away that was taking orders at MSRP, and since I'm not in a huge rush, it worked out perfectly.

Registered
2022 Sorento SX Prestige X-Line
I ordered mine on October 7th from a local dealer not charging over MSRP, and I picked it up on Black Friday. First time KIA owner and very happy so far!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered mine on October 7th from a local dealer not charging over MSRP, and I picked it up on Black Friday. First time KIA owner and very happy so far!
Cool, that'd be a nice surprise if 6 months turns into <2 months. What timeframe did your dealer quote you?

Registered
2022 Sorento SX Prestige X-Line
Cool, that'd be a nice surprise if 6 months turns into <2 months. What timeframe did your dealer quote you?
Yes, I was very surprised because he said we were looking at January-February time frame, so about 3-4 months. My trade-in, a 2019 Ford Edge was going to be out of warranty in March, so very happy it came in early :)

Registered
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish we could not have these threads posted every other couple of weeks.
I searched for multiple relevant terms and skimmed topic headlines going back over two months without seeing a thread I could jump on to ask, my bad if I missed it but 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
2018 Lincoln Navigator, 2022 Kia Sedona PHEV SX-P (coming)
Yes, I was very surprised because he said we were looking at January-February time frame, so about 3-4 months. My trade-in, a 2019 Ford Edge was going to be out of warranty in March, so very happy it came in early :)
I ordered a PHEV the week of Christmas, and I was told it would likely be in some time in April. The PHEVs are made in Korea, though, so I would expect a longer lead time.

Registered
2022 Sorento PHEV on order 1/14/22
Was quoted 9 to 12 weeks recently on a PHEV, but they added to not to be surprised if it is closer to 16 weeks.

Registered
I ordered my PHEV end of Sept 2021 and the factory still hasn鈥檛 picked up the order. I was told 9-12 weeks but they were honestly not sure. I had called around to a lot of dealerships trying to get MSRP and I hear anything from 3-9 months. Im not in a huge rush so I鈥檓 opting to wait

Registered
2022 Sorento PHEV on order 1/14/22
I ordered my PHEV end of Sept 2021 and the factory still hasn鈥檛 picked up the order. I was told 9-12 weeks but they were honestly not sure. I had called around to a lot of dealerships trying to get MSRP and I hear anything from 3-9 months. Im not in a huge rush so I鈥檓 opting to wait

Anything special about your order? Mine is for the SX Prestige in Gravity Blue with grey leather seats.

Registered
I ordered SX Prestige, but white with blue interior. I also opted for the sunroof and tow hitch. I checked in with the dealership in mid-Dec and they said Kia told them they haven鈥檛 made any plug-ins for the last many months and hadn鈥檛 picked up any of the dealerships orders. I assumed they meant Sorento plug-ins and likely die to chip shortage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts