Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, today I changed the battery to a new one on my KIA AVELLA , because the old one was giving me dead slow ignition, but few meters driving after changed the battery I noticed lack of power,espcially when changing gear, I didn’t had time to go to an electrition,but later the problem was still and went to a automechanic,he told me that is assuming that because its a fuel injection car the battery ganged had made this happen on the engine, he told me to drive for more days to see if the problem persits,maybe it needs a service because I don’t remember when I changed the fuel filter or the air cleaner filter,

So please can someone tell me what’s wrong?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
Newer cars have the ability to "learn" the best performance and your driving preferences.
When you removed the old battery the car "forgot" all it has learned from you...
This is the engine AND the transmission...
Give it a few days and drive like you want it to learn.. You should be back running well soon.
Dave

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,971 Posts
+1 on Daves comment and you might want to change the air and fuel filter if you cant remember when they were changed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
@DavesSpectra

even if its a 15 yr old Kia Avella?

and

@jetech00001

yes its true i need to spend some time take care of these simple things and at least write the date of ghanghe on the wall.

and what about the oil?im not giving it brand oil, because after some miles the oil began to reduce, so I go to the petrol station and buy a litre and fill up, it works well, no smoke etc...,neither leaguges ,and top cover gas kit ghanghed,NEVER HAD ENGINE PROBLEMS,

What might be the problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts